Question

Amsterdam Incident made my Shadow look like it's running at 15fps

So I was one of the 395 people affected by the incident. Was unable to log in for a full day after it had been resolved to a point of allowing access for users. Now, the “some degraded performance may persist” part of that update is still very topical to me a whole 18 days later. I have a 100Mbps down speed, am in the UK and my Shadow usually runs at 15 ping flawlessly with no packet drops. None of that has really changed yet any moving media looks like it’s running at max 20fps and is unbearable. E.g. Rocket League’s own graphs show the game is running at 75fps (capped) yet it looks nothing near pre-incident. Same with TF2 - a very undemanding game that ran well above 100fps before and assumedly still does yet the feed Shadow is showing is in the low 20’s. Nothing on the dashboard looks out of place, no viruses on pc, tried any and all troubleshooting steps (Shadow makes you learn them all fast lel) and am just stuck with this.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey @sitas 
As a UK user you are in the Paris datacenter and not in the Amsterdam datacenter which means that in this case you would not be affected by the current incident in AMS. You should attempt some troubleshooting (network and local hardware). A screenshot of the last ten minutes of your network and shadow stats in your quick menu (while having these issues) would help analyzing what’s going on.

Hey @sitas 
As a UK user you are in the Paris datacenter and not in the Amsterdam datacenter which means that in this case you would not be affected by the current incident in AMS. You should attempt some troubleshooting (network and local hardware). A screenshot of the last ten minutes of your network and shadow stats in your quick menu (while having these issues) would help analyzing what’s going on.

I registered my Shadow when it wasn’t available in the UK so had to spoof being in the Netherlands. I know which datacentre I’m in lol.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@sitas 
Alright just making sure. Many people do not know. Best would be contacting customer support in this case. Just ask how it’s going and if there is an ETA on when it is fixed.