Solved

Anyone besides Proto Man please help

Userlevel 1

Over the past 48 hours I’ve been getting the “Shadow is off” issue non stop. Searched the subreddit, tried all the basic troubleshooting steps like shutting off my shadow via the launcher and waiting 20. I’ve attempted this on three separate devices(macOS, windows, iOS) using three different networks. Same results.

I’m able to log into my roommates shadow using the same devices and networks. This issue seems very specific to my shadow instance.

I reached out to shadow support within a couple hours of this starting. It took a little over a day for them to respond and after an initial reboot of my shadow. Unfortunately I got stuck with this dude Proto Man. The only support Proto Man I guess is capable of providing is:

“Your drivers on the Shadow seem to be working properly. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns or concerns.”

My main concern is why would Proto Man ever think- knowing that my shadow is still not working- that it would be okay so just say things all look good on our side, let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Who in this world would not have questions or concerns if the very issue I reached out to you all about is still not resolved. I would think if your sole job is to be a support representative then this would be extremely obvious stuff. Is there anyone employed by Shadow/Blade capable of providing the bare minimum of computer assistance besides a reboot or is Proto Man as good as it gets?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 18 March 2021, 15:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

24 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

We can’t do more than basic troubleshooting here. Also check the status page https://status.shadow.tech and see if there are any incidents which affect you. Best is to answer your email and tell Mr. Proto Man that you are still having issues. Shadow Support Staff have their methods and system, don’t worry about that. 

~ Phobos

Userlevel 1

I’m not asking you all to do any basic troubleshooting here. I’m asking if literally any human is employed by Shadow or Blade that isn’t Proto Man that can provide me adequate support to fix this issue. Replying to Proto Man and relying on his “methods and systems” have done nothing to solve my issue.

Userlevel 1

Okay so after four emails from Proto Man finally says he wants a Dx Diagnostics text file from me because I guess Proto Man allegedly still has reason to believe it is the launcher installed on all FOUR of the devices I’ve tried to log in to my Shadow that are all having the same problem. 

Despite knowing my roommates Shadow account did not have a problem booting up using the same devices, launchers, and networks. It’s not clear whether or not Proto Man is really even considering any of that or if this is just from his canned responses playbook

I put in another support ticket hoping to get literally anyone other than Proto Man. Will keep you all updated on how it goes… 

Userlevel 1

I’ve had multiple users from the same data center reach out to me saying they’re having the identical problem for multiple days and what do you know support has not been able to provide any resolution for them either. 

I am asking once again. Are there any humans employed by Shadow that are capable of providing any assistance at all or are we all screwed and stuck with the absolutely worthless Proto Man?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I am asking once again. Are there any humans employed by Shadow that are capable of providing any assistance at all or are we all screwed and stuck with the absolutely worthless Proto Man?

I haven’t had to interact with Blade support staff much, but it does sound like “Proto Man” is not understanding your issue. Have you tried asking about the problem on the Shadow Discord?

I guess I should clarify...these are community forums, and we don’t get much interaction with staff here. If it were me, I’d ask for my support incident to be escalated to a higher tier.

Userlevel 1

Yeah the community has been about a million times more helpful than Proto Man. I’ve tried booting up my shadow using four different devices on three internet connections w/ no luck. I can boot up my roommates shadow using all the same stuff no problem. I even went as far as doing a reset on my Shadow, still has made no difference.

I’ve explained all of this to Proto Man multiple times in much greater detail and I’ll be honest he seems he has no idea what the hell I just sent him. This then makes me question who are they hiring for support and why are they so completely useless. I’ve asked him to elevate the ticket but who knows maybe that is too difficult a task for him to complete.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @nosyke 
Since you haven’t mentioned any details about your shadow I feel like I want to send you this link: https://status.shadow.tech for you to check if you are maybe affected by an ongoing issue. There are many different tech supporters but one supporter is responsible for one ticket which means that you will always stay with Proto Man with this ticket. This is a community forum which means that you will not get any official support here. I hope that answers some questions.

Userlevel 1

I mean when you go to that website do you see any issues anywhere on the status page that would indicate a problem like the one I described above? And if so then why has Proto Man with its outstanding methods and systems not shared any of that information, like hey I see your data center has an ongoing issue and this issue you’re experiencing is likely because of that… this seems obvious but instead Proto Man insists the issue is with my launcher or network. Idk is there someone who wouldn’t be confused by that?

Badge

if I have had the same problem and no solution.

I'm having the exact same problem it started on Monday at it says connecting to shadow for about 10 - 15 seconds than it says shadow off. 

Userlevel 1

I’ve done a brief reboot on your Shadow which should help you connect. You can try logging in again when you get the chance.

If you’re still having issues after that, do you think you could send us the logs from your Shadow on the production client?

Waited a full day for “Official Shadow Support” to respond and for the third day in a row all they can do is say they’re rebooting my Shadow and to send them logs. Still, no access to my Shadow, the support here is so worthless.

I’ve done a brief reboot on your Shadow which should help you connect. You can try logging in again when you get the chance.

If you’re still having issues after that, do you think you could send us the logs from your Shadow on the production client?

Waited a full day for “Official Shadow Support” to respond and for the third day in a row all they can do is say they’re rebooting my Shadow and to send them logs. Still, no access to my Shadow, the support here is so worthless.

They said the same thing to me and yet it still wont work. I honestly think that they are trying to hide something they did, like not a unethical thing but I think that they just fucked up Shadow Ultra and are trying to play it off as our fault. 

@nosyke Do you have a ticket number?  If so, please dm it to me and I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Userlevel 1

Hi Brittaney! Thank you for taking the time to follow up. I think the main ticket I probably have got going on is 811086, but it seems within a minute or so of you inquiring about my ticket number my Shadow has magically started working after four days. I haven’t received any update from the Support team on how or why this has happened. Support has repeatedly advised the issue was on my end, but I didn’t change anything to make it start working all of a sudden so perhaps it turns out that wasn’t the case after all? Really appreciate you and any clarification you can provide on the situation.

@nosyke I do see that there was an issue that was resolved overnight which may be related to the issue you were experiencing.  Our US support team hasn’t started working yet so they’ll most likely respond once their office opens.  Glad to hear that it’s working again!  I’ll go ahead and mark this issue as solved.

Userlevel 1

Well, whoever told you it was an overnight issue was lying. This has been going on for 4-5 days and you shouldn’t mark this as resolved because we have a bunch of other users in this forum having the exact same problem. What you should do is probably follow up with them as well to make sure support is providing support adequately because that is not the experience I have had. 

Is there any way for me to mark this as unresolved?

@nosyke I am marking this solved for your issue in particular.  I see that others have opened other threads and will respond to them there.

To clarify, the issue was resolved last night, not that it was only an overnight issue.

Userlevel 1

Per my original message, my issue in particular, was the lack of support and general evasiveness from the support team about what’s going on. That has not been resolved, no one has any idea what's up and if you talk to other users who have had this exact issue before or are having it now, it sounds like it can happen at any point and go on for an indeterminate amount of time even after the team has allegedly patched something overnight.

This issue is not resolved for anyone reading this thread.

@nosyke You are more than welcome to ask for more details in your ticket.  As I mentioned, the US team is not currently working.   Once they are, they will respond to you and assist in any further questions you may have regarding this incident.

As for the other users reading this thread with this issue, it’s possible that this was resolved for them as well.  If not, they should reach out to the support team for further investigation.  As this thread was created specifically with you in mind, your specific incident has been resolved.  There is another thread involving other users and I’ve informed them there as well and any next steps they should take should they still experience this issue.

Userlevel 1

Brittaney, I know you’re trying to help, you’re doing a great job, but I’ve been asking them for more detailed information for four days! Where is the info? Who can we call over there to ask them to finally send over this alleged info?

Support does not offer phone support.  You’re more than welcome to reply to your ticket asking them for more information.  As this is a community forum and not an official support line, I don’t have information to provide you on your specific case which is why you’ll need to reach out to our support team.  I can only really ask them to look into this issue for you.  Since it’s been resolved, I’m sure they’ll be happy to give you more specifics.

Userlevel 1

I understand that I am welcome to reach out to them via the ticketing system, I appreciate you reminding me, but I’m telling you- the community manager- that me- a member of the community- that reaching out to support for more information has NOT worked for me and it sounds like it hasn’t worked for quite a few other people either.

Are there any options available to you as the community manager to help facilitate the passing of this information more efficiently from the support to the members of the community you manage?

Userlevel 1

Still want to make clear this issue isn’t resolved for anyone just now jumping into this thread and seeing the resolved answer status. The mods put it that way, not me.

At this time, we received information that this issue has been resolved for multiple users.  Should anyone experience this issue, please feel free to reach out to our support team for further information.