Solved

Anyone get USB peripherals working on Big Sur Shadow Beta?

• 4 February 2021
  • 4 replies

So I see the Shadow Beta for Mac shows USB peripherals are supposed to be back on Big Sur. I’ve installed the Beta, pretty sure I’ve installed the drivers and set security (though for Shadow Beta, not for Eltima, which I don’t find in my settings). Anyway...I can see the option in the launcher to pass the USB devices. 

Then, when Shadow is running, I can see in the Shadow menu the X52 HOTAS listed under USB peripherals but clicking the box to turn it on does nothing. The check mark won’t even appear. 

Anyone else given this a go and gotten any results? Not really keen on paying for a third month now with no USB peripherals working. 

icon

Best answer by Brittaney from Shadow 23 February 2021, 20:33

If you’re still having trouble, please refer to this article: How to Enable USB Drivers on macOS Big Sur – Shadow - Support (EN)

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Interesting...I didn’t know they had added this back in.

I have an [original] Xbox One controller with the USB wireless adapter, and I did get the forwarding of the adapter to work:

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

...however, it was not an easy process. I found that I had to plug in the USB adapter while the Shadow session was running...for whatever reason it would not pick up the adapter otherwise.

I also did experience an instance where I couldn’t tick the forwarding checkbox (I was trying the two different USB ports on the MBP laptop)...that problem went away after clearing the remembered peripherals in the client, and re-booting the Mac.

It also took a long while to get the pairing between the USB adapter and the controller working.

I was able to verify controller functionality in the Control Panel “USB game controllers” applet (bottom screenshot), and also in a game...I only tested for a few minutes, though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

If you’re still having trouble, please refer to this article: How to Enable USB Drivers on macOS Big Sur – Shadow - Support (EN)

I did use that article and it is working so far. 

Had to uninstall the old drivers, and reinstall the new. Using Shadow Beta. The USB device (joystick setup) isn’t registered unless you plug in the USB cable *after* Shadow is running. Then click the box to enable the pass through. But so far so good. Finally!