Question

Are we gonna get a free month?

• 29 August 2021
  • 11 replies

The current status of Shadow is degraded performance, making shadow unusable. Are we gonna get a free month since its been broken for a month?

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

I’ll have to play around again to see. TV did not let you do WASD keys, which is necessary in gamedev.

My graphics card and processor are like 10 years old, too, though… yikes

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

What I like about Shadow is that I could literally do game development or intense video editing on any device, or set downloads from my phone. Not sure how much of that would be possible from a desktop. I tried a 3-D program once from my Surface Pro linked to my desktop with different programs and it wasn’t the best experience. Shadow had always been great.

Hard pill to swallow, mine goes up on November so I got time to think still...

I just use TeamViewer on my phone or laptop to do stuff on my PC. Never had an issue

What I like about Shadow is that I could literally do game development or intense video editing on any device, or set downloads from my phone. Not sure how much of that would be possible from a desktop. I tried a 3-D program once from my Surface Pro linked to my desktop with different programs and it wasn’t the best experience. Shadow had always been great.

Hard pill to swallow, mine goes up on November so I got time to think still...

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yeaj all my games are on extra storage..guess I can move it temporarily to the main drive. Thanks for the tip

Are you gonna keep the extra storage when price goes up?

I’m paying $20 / month right now but when it increases to $30 plus the storage it’ll be closer to $50… I’m not sure if I can justify that, but then I do have the internal and my extra 700 GB almost used up, and not with just games but mostly game dev and video editing stuff…. ugh

No I'm almost done building my new PC, just need the video card then I'm canceling shadow.  It's ultimately what they want anyway.  That's why they doubled the price in the first place, even if 50% left they make the same amount of money and lot less stress on their hardware. Good from a business perspective but not for us lol

Yeaj all my games are on extra storage..guess I can move it temporarily to the main drive. Thanks for the tip

Are you gonna keep the extra storage when price goes up?

I’m paying $20 / month right now but when it increases to $30 plus the storage it’ll be closer to $50… I’m not sure if I can justify that, but then I do have the internal and my extra 700 GB almost used up, and not with just games but mostly game dev and video editing stuff…. ugh

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Mine has had a latency issue the past week. Latency jumping up and down constantly cause games to skip around. Flushed modem and router and ran network diagnostics and it's not coming from my end

Oh that sucks. If the game is on the additional storage, I was told that that’s what would happen while they migrate the data or whatnot.

As for me, it seems it was something with Win (11) update or who knows what, but they’ve fixed it and I was able to login again. 

Mine has had a latency issue the past week. Latency jumping up and down constantly cause games to skip around. Flushed modem and router and ran network diagnostics and it's not coming from my end

Oh that sucks. If the game is on the additional storage, I was told that that’s what would happen while they migrate the data or whatnot.

As for me, it seems it was something with Win (11) update or who knows what, but they’ve fixed it and I was able to login again. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I don’t know about the OP, but yesterday and today my Shadow has NOT loaded at all, either from Windows, Android, or iOS. It gets stuck on the loading screen and never loads.

I contacted support earlier today, but so far it’s been two days where I can’t actually access it (I hadn’t tried to access it in like two weeks, so I’m not sure where the problem began).

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @CookerChunk 
The current degraded perfromance incidents only affect a few user’s additionally booked storage due to a longer period of maintenance work. If you are affected by this you can feel free to reach out to support and get compensated for the unusable additional storage. A month for free is not an option tho. Your shadow should still be usable, just not the additional storage. If you are having other difficulties that lead to you not being able to use your shadow properly the friendly people at customer support will likely help you. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

lol.. highly doubt that...I’ve been with shadow for 2 years and there's been only a few months where there hasn't been degraded performance...there's always an issue.