• Application type: Windows

• Shadow Client Version: Official

• Local device CPU: i3 6100U @ 2.3 GHz

• RAM: 8 GB

• Local device GPU:  Intel HD graphics 520

• Datacenter location: Dallas

• Connection speed:  Dallas server 120 MBPS - ping 23 ms

• Description of issue:

• There is distortion in the audio like a crackling sound occasionally and it is pretty annoying. I can reproduce it even changing the volume from windows volume icon without running any games. The ding sound gets distorted and crackling. It was like that since the beginning (20 days ago) I tried changing to stability mode, enabling/disabling high def audio, updated nvidia drivers, nothing worked. There are no glitches in the video, just the audio. Connected via ethernet cable, bandwidth is set to 70 MBPS, my internet BW is around 400 MBPS.

Other:

• Date when problem appeared. (from the beginning, which is 20 days ago)

• Did you take any action(s) which could have created this problem? If so, what? No, I can reproduce it in windows, without anything running.

• Do you recall any action(s) you took after it happened?  I tried installing newest nvidia drivers, the issue was still there.

• Do you use a VPN and/or antivirus? No

• Please provide a screenshot of your shadow stats (Alt+Win+O). Also make sure it captures a timeframe when the issue has happened.

•  

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

How are you connected to your router? Did you try the 5 mbps bandwidth setting?

Badge

I am connected thru Ethernet cable. I can reproduce the issue on 5 mpbs bandwidth too. I am running on a 1440p screen BTW.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reach out to the community for help. Since this has been going on since the start of your service. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Shadow application. My guess, something went haywire and got corrupted when the install was underway.  Keep us updated on what actions you take and which worked and didn’t work. Other people who read this may have the same issue. Let’s figure it out together. 

Can you try this:

1. Uninstall Shadow
  2.  Go to the your %appdata% folder (Windows search '%appdata%') and delete all 'Shadow'-related folders
  3.  Delete the folder C://Users/username/.shadow
  4.  Restart your computer
  5.  Download and install Shadow again at https://account.shadow.tech/apps (choose Applications on the left)
  6. Upon launch if you have USB drivers from shadow installed be sure to uninstall and then reinstall to get them working.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6

You can also try the beta and alpha clients. 

Badge

I have the same issue and I believe the “Blade (Nvidia HD Audio Device) is the culprit. I use another application to stream from my shadow, which uses its own audio encoder (Virtual Desktop) and the audio is flawless. Switching back reintroduces the issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I have the same issue and I believe the “Blade (Nvidia HD Audio Device) is the culprit. I use another application to stream from my shadow, which uses its own audio encoder (Virtual Desktop) and the audio is flawless. Switching back reintroduces the issue. 

What if you try another launcher? Like beta and alpha?