Question

Bitrate

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So  back a few month's ago my auto dection bitrate sat 60+ MPs but these last few months it's sits at 25-35mbs. If I up the bitrate using the slider I get s..t performance. Has this been an issue for anyone else or have shadow lowered it. I can't play at that crap speed + been a customer for over two years paying the sky high price of infinite.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I’m not a Shadow subscriber any longer, but issues like this are usually related to your network quality, or an issue with network gear. Issues can occur anywhere along the Internet path (route), and may be completely unrelated to your own ISP.

It’s highly unlikely there are constraints on the Shadow data center side of things.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

it probably is shadow because everything else works perfect + router is new.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

it probably is shadow because everything else works perfect + router is new.

Sorry, but that’s not really meaningful. Game streaming services use traffic which is different than other types, and there is plenty which can go wrong “in between” (this is the nature of the Internet).

It’s certainly possible for there to be issues on the Shadow side, but I still maintain it’s highly unlikely.

If you are able, you should test from other locations, such as at a friend’s place (or workplace) which is using a different ISP….and of course, with Ethernet not WiFi.