Question

BSOD error when playing microsoft flight simulator?

hello everyone, I've been using shadow for a couple months now and all of the sudden when I'm playing games with my flight controls on MSFS i get 5 minutes in and my shadow shuts off so I don't know what's going on looking for assistance?

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Here is a best practice that I can offer to help improve your Shadow experience. I recommend keeping your Windows/macOS and graphics drivers up to date on both your local device and Shadow. You can use Nvidia's GeForce Experience to update your drivers on Shadow: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/

Ya man thanks for the response I’ve tried that and still nothing🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

There were 3 of us flying last night I'm the only one on shadow and it did the same for all of us at the same time so I'm gathering it's mfs.

Badge

I was thinking of trying the flight sim. Following thread to see how it resolves. Just had my first BSD last night. Have GBs of designs and design assets, saved in my Shadow documents. Went into panic mode. Finally got it to reconnect, and spent three hours doing backups. Anybody have tips on doing a full backup of our the Shadow pc ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Fester 

There are plenty of services you can back up to, one drive, drop box, crash plan etc…..

The BSOD’s are also happening on my end, and it even isn’t just MFS2020, as this is happening on X-Plane 11 too

I Have the Same Issue, I Have Contacted Support and still does not work.

Are you playing it in Safe Display?

Are you playing it in Safe Display?

Yes I am.

Then that’s most definitely the issue, try doing a flight WITHOUT Safe Display, you can change the display if you want in the Quick Menu.

I did a full flight from KBOS-KMIA without safe display and I wasn’t able to have any issues

Then that’s most definitely the issue, try doing a flight WITHOUT Safe Display, you can change the display if you want in the Quick Menu.

Ok, Thank You! I Will Try that!

I Do Not See a Option to Disable Safe Display in the Quick Menu.

I Do Not See a Option to Disable Safe Display in the Quick Menu.

You have to quit shadow, THEN just play but don’t go to the settings to play in safe display

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just curious, are you guys forwarding USB peripherals like a HOTAS while flying? 

Just curious, are you guys forwarding USB peripherals like a HOTAS while flying? 

I foward both the Airbus throttle and side stick 

Im pretty sure its to do with the USB peripherals. I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and is also having constant BSOD issues. I can barely connect the joystick and use it for 3 minutes before it shuts down shadow(BSOD error). My VirtualHere client is also being unusable where the client seems to disconnect and reconnect every now again and eventually having no connection at all to my local pc.