Question

Can i see my qnap on the file explorer?

• 24 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello everyone!

I do have a question. Maybe anyone knows a solution. I want to see my qnap nas (that’s setup at my home) in the shadow’s windows file explorer. Normally that’s working with a vpn server and client. But that’s not possible on shadow i think?

Is there another way to connect my nas from shadow look’s like it’s in the shadow’s network? Anyone do have an idea?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You can try using ZeroTier or Hamachi to bring them to the same network. I will link a guide on how to use VirtualHere (A USB Forwarding tool) that needs ZeroTier or Hamachi to work, so you will find a guide there. You have to adapt for your specific needs: 
https://wiki.shadow.pink/index.php/USB_forward_with_VirtualHere

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Ricie Just know that file transfers between your Shadow and local (NAS) will be very slow. It’s fine for transferring small files, not games.

Badge

Thnx guys, i will try it later this week! It’s only to backup things as save games and other small files.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@RicieJust know that file transfers between your Shadow and local (NAS) will be very slow. It’s fine for transferring small files, not games.

It’s honestly not terrible if you use SSHFS. I’m pushing out data as fast as my array can punt it through my NICs. Bit of a buzzkill for writes, but sustained reads are pretty darn good.