Question

Can I use Salad on my Shadow PC?

• 7 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’m trying to use Salad on my shadow PC, and it works, but it shuts off after not being used for a while. I was wondering if there was a way I could have it never shut off.

4 replies

Badge

Sorry, the Shadow service shuts off causing Salad to shut off as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Lays 
Your Shadow does automatically shut down if not used. The shutdown timer is dynamic and ranges from 30 to 90 minutes, depending on datacenter load. 

• hampering or attempting to hamper, in any way whatsoever, the proper functioning of the Services, and in particular, disabling, altering, infringing or circumventing, or attempting to disable, alter, or circumvent, in any form whatsoever, any device or feature of the Services, in particular any security or authentication feature, access restriction, storage limit, or any standby or shut down mechanism, or providing Blade with false or inaccurate information, or accessing, modifying or using non-public areas of the Services or common areas of the Services which you are asked not to access;
Badge

So if im not using Shadow, its causing others when to have a bad experience?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Lays There are X amount of slots available in a datacenter, and Y amount of customers assigned to that datacenter, whilst Y is always a greater number than X as Shadow won’t provide every customer with one dedicated private server. All customers are never online at the same time, which allows shadow to provide less servers than customers and still have space for everyone. If now customers start to occupy shadow 24/7, and enough people do that, queues will build up to access Shadow. That happens when more customers are trying to use Shadow than slots available. If you keep your Shadow alive forcefully you are influencing these variables in a negative way, which is why it is not allowed.