Solved

Does Shadow have a way to hide connection location? (Like VPN)

I know that Shadow highly discourages the use of VPN but is there a way to hide a connection in a similar way. Can a VPN be activated and productive within the Shadow environment?

icon

Best answer by Jim29er 19 May 2021, 06:29

Taken from https://shadow.tech/faq/

Is Shadow secure?

Yes. With Shadow, you are the security and anti-virus handler, exactly as you would be on a regular PC. That being said, as with any Windows 10 PC, your Shadow will have Windows Defender enabled and installed at startup. We strongly advise you to either keep this protection or change it, but always have an active antivirus. On the machine side, your Shadow is hosted in a Tier 3 + datacenter, managed by an ISO 27001 certified company (Secured Hosting of IT Infrastructure). A dedicated team is permanently present on site, 24 hours a day. We also have effective protection systems against cyber-attacks (for example, firewalls against DDoS and other threats), and we encrypt the data sent from your hardware to the machine where you launch Shadow. Finally, one of the many advantages of Shadow is the redundancy system: if a physical component fails (such as the hard drive, for example), its copy automatically takes over, so your data is not lost and you can still access your Shadow account.

The Shadow computer does not have inbound Internet ports exposed...the only way to connect to it is via the client, unless you intentionally install some other type of remote access method (Chrome remote, TeamViewer, etc.).

HTH!

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Give us a legitimate use case to do this on a Shadow VM, and we’ll give you some ideas.

I have not received by shadow PC, I am hoping to use it on Ipad for designing purposes, I hope it does what I want. However, I am simplifying and organizing my computing methods, and one of the things I have been concerned about is security because I am about to be using my device a lot more places.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Taken from https://shadow.tech/faq/

Is Shadow secure?

Yes. With Shadow, you are the security and anti-virus handler, exactly as you would be on a regular PC. That being said, as with any Windows 10 PC, your Shadow will have Windows Defender enabled and installed at startup. We strongly advise you to either keep this protection or change it, but always have an active antivirus. On the machine side, your Shadow is hosted in a Tier 3 + datacenter, managed by an ISO 27001 certified company (Secured Hosting of IT Infrastructure). A dedicated team is permanently present on site, 24 hours a day. We also have effective protection systems against cyber-attacks (for example, firewalls against DDoS and other threats), and we encrypt the data sent from your hardware to the machine where you launch Shadow. Finally, one of the many advantages of Shadow is the redundancy system: if a physical component fails (such as the hard drive, for example), its copy automatically takes over, so your data is not lost and you can still access your Shadow account.

The Shadow computer does not have inbound Internet ports exposed...the only way to connect to it is via the client, unless you intentionally install some other type of remote access method (Chrome remote, TeamViewer, etc.).

HTH!