Question

Everytime (every device) I log into shadow and i get only a black screen with a task manager on the screen

• 9 September 2020
  • 5 replies

This started today and does this on any device. It drives me crazy I will include a screenshot but noone seems to help me out!! Below is all I see when logging in even after waiting for an hour, 

my screenshot,

5 replies

Badge +1

Have you tried swapping to the Beta Build in Shadow? Switching back and forth sometimes does the trick. Also; have you tried shutting down Shadow completely? After it says it is off, wait for a minute or 10 and turn it back on. This should get your PC to reboot. 

Worst case scenario you could have to reinstall your Shadow (this can be done from your account). However you will end up with a complete clean install (so all saved files will be gone)

Have you tried swapping to the Beta Build in Shadow? Switching back and forth sometimes does the trick. Also; have you tried shutting down Shadow completely? After it says it is off, wait for a minute or 10 and turn it back on. This should get your PC to reboot. 

Worst case scenario you could have to reinstall your Shadow (this can be done from your account). However you will end up with a complete clean install (so all saved files will be gone)

Thanks Robin How would I go about switching the beta build in shadow? I have tried powering it off for over 10 min with same result, also I am unsure how I would do a complete reset /clean of my shadow? could you explain??

Badge +1

According to Shadow:

https://community.shadow.tech/usen/blog/news/alpha-beta-stable-what-does-it-mean

The UX in the Beta version is final, and you can download and install one of our Special Beta Apps via the user account section.

Hi @Bennett.Smith ,

it’s not clear from the sceenshot but maybe part of the problem is that Explorer may not be started and that’s why you get a black screen instead of your desktop.

Try “File” → “Run new task” from the top menu of Task Manager and in the box that pops up, type “explorer.exe” (without the quotation marks) and hit enter.

That may not fix the initial problem and you might get the same situation again when your Shadow restarts but at least you’d have a workaround to get back to a usable state again if my assumption with Explorer not running was the case.

Greetings,

Felixprogram

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Bennett.Smith

In order for our mods and community to provide you with quick and quality assistance, please copy & paste the template below in your original post and provide the necessary information.

+++

• Application type (Windows/Mac/Mobile/etc.)

• Shadow Client Version (Official/Beta/Alpha)

• Local device CPU

• Local device GPU

• Datacenter location (check status.shadow.tech)

• Connection speed (Datacenter speed tests EU: Paris | AMS or US: CA | TX |CH | NY)

• Description of issue

Other:

• Date when the problem appeared.

• Did you take any action(s) which could have created this problem? If so, what?

• Do you recall any action(s) you took after it happened?

• Do you use a VPN and/or antivirus?

• Please provide a screenshot of your shadow stats (Alt+Win+O). Also, make sure it captures a timeframe when the issue has happened.