Question

Extreme fps drops in all games since today

• 29 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Yesterday on the 28th of April all my gaming on my Shadow PC was fine working on 60fps… today it’s dropped down to 12fps and getting worse.

The Shadow’s CPU is constantly 100% and yet there’s no other apps draining the cpu…

Any reason why this is happening?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Same here. Plus, a LOT of connection drops since a week or so. Every Shadow session I have now will have dropped frames. Didn’t happen before.

Maybe they’re working on the servers? There’s going to be some kind of big news at the end of May.
Hopefully someone at Shadow can fill us in at what’s happening with the bandwidth lately.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello @thedragonofblood,  sorry to hear that your CPU is running at 100%.

If your CPU is running near or at 100% or is very slow, this is something our team is aware of and have written some steps to address this in a help center article here: https://help.shadow.tech/hc/en-gb/articles/360013673919-My-Shadow-s-CPU-usage-is-100-and-slowing-or-freezing

Additionally, if you believe there is an issue with your Shadow's hardware, such as 100% CPU usage, you can always shut down Windows on your Shadow before starting it again to get assigned to different hardware. You get assigned to different hardware units each time you connect. 

If you continue to experience issues such as FPS drops, please reach out to our wonderful Support Team from your account page so that they can help look into this further.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello @Jordy, sorry to hear that your connection is dropping. As a first step, I recommend checking out this help center article: https://help.shadow.tech/hc/en-gb/articles/360011196119-How-to-troubleshoot-your-internet-connection

If your connection is still not optimal, I recommend reaching out to our amazing Support Team from your account page so that they can help look into this further.