Solved

Fallout 76 not working or showing as an installed game

• 3 June 2020
  • 9 replies

I can't get fallout to play and It doesn't even show up as being an installed game on the shadow desktop

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 August 2020, 19:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Hi all, thanks for bringing this up!  If you’re still having trouble downloading applications via the Windows Store using the Xbox Gamepass, some of our community members have developed a workaround for this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowPC/comments/h0pifp/xbox_game_pass_and_ntfs_error_workaround/

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Fallout 76. 😏

Fore it started working one day after an update.

My situation is slightly different, but it is also with Fallout 76. I have tried to download Fallout 76 through Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC using Shadow and an error keeps showing up.

Microsoft Store doesn't specify the error, but using Xbox Game Pass for PC the error says “For this game, choose a drive that’s formatted NTFS” 

I was able to start the installation of the game directly to my computer, unfortunately my computer is not capable of running this game.

I was also able to install other games from Microsoft Store with no problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello, one thing I love about Steam is that you never lose the games you buy since they're permanently tied to my account. Let’s first find your game in Shadow, we want to see if it did in fact been downloaded. Use the path below to locate your games from Steam: 

• C:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\SteamApps\Common

What do you see? If the files are there then we know for sure it’s something to do with Steam installer. Let’s uninstall the game and reinstall. Follow these steps to uninstall:

1. Click the "Library" tab at the top of the screen.
  2. On the left-hand side of the screen, there will be a listing of all the games tied to your Steam account. Select the game you would like to uninstall.
  3. Right-click the game and select "Delete Local Content..."
  4. A confirmation box will pop up. Click the "Delete" button. Boom! (Just give it some time to do it’s job.)

To reinstall Steam games: 

1. In your "Library" tab, in the left pane (the game list), select the game you would like to install.
  2. Once you select a game, the middle pane will populate with information about the game. Here, under the title of the game, will be a button that says "Install." Click it.
  3. A dialog box will pop-up telling you (approximately) how long it will take the game to download. Click "next."
  4. The next screen will give you some options regarding icons. Select whichever options you'd like and click "next." The game will now download and install.

Hope this helps. Let us know what happens and if it worked. If someone sloved your question, please clicked solved so others who might be in the same boat can find the answer. Thank you.

Try this indeed. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello, one thing I love about Steam is that you never lose the games you buy since they're permanently tied to my account. Let’s first find your game in Shadow, we want to see if it did in fact been downloaded. Use the path below to locate your games from Steam: 

• C:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\SteamApps\Common

What do you see? If the files are there then we know for sure it’s something to do with Steam installer. Let’s uninstall the game and reinstall. Follow these steps to uninstall:

1. Click the "Library" tab at the top of the screen.
  2. On the left-hand side of the screen, there will be a listing of all the games tied to your Steam account. Select the game you would like to uninstall.
  3. Right-click the game and select "Delete Local Content..."
  4. A confirmation box will pop up. Click the "Delete" button. Boom! (Just give it some time to do it’s job.)

To reinstall Steam games: 

1. In your "Library" tab, in the left pane (the game list), select the game you would like to install.
  2. Once you select a game, the middle pane will populate with information about the game. Here, under the title of the game, will be a button that says "Install." Click it.
  3. A dialog box will pop-up telling you (approximately) how long it will take the game to download. Click "next."
  4. The next screen will give you some options regarding icons. Select whichever options you'd like and click "next." The game will now download and install.

Hope this helps. Let us know what happens and if it worked. If someone sloved your question, please clicked solved so others who might be in the same boat can find the answer. Thank you.

When I download the game on steam through shadow it doesn't show as a downloaded game on the shadow menu. And when I run it on steam I'd doesn't do anything. I've tried to find info on this but have come up empty.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Please help

Have you tried search this issue online? This might be a game issue. 

Please help