Solved

Grand Theft Auto 5 XBOX Controller Problem? My side? or Client side?

Badge

Hello Shadow Community,

Whenever I would play GTA 5 Online, my XBOX controller would sometimes be unresponsive and disconnect for couple of minutes. Has this happened to anyone with external USB peripherals? Was wondering if it’s my side of the end, or the client side, or even Shadow PC? I’ve done the usual, such as restarted streaming client and resetting USB connections but the unresponsive and disconnect still happens time to time.

icon

Best answer by iamcozy 27 May 2020, 22:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I used to have the same issue quiet often. It just fixed itself some day.

Badge

Hey there, when you connect it, are you forwarding it as a USB device or simply plugging it in to your host pc to have it picked up automatically in the controllers section of the shadow menu? 

I found a lot better performance in not forwarding my controllers and just plugging them in and starting shadow, because when forwarding them, I had the exact same issue. D:

Badge

Hey there, when you connect it, are you forwarding it as a USB device or simply plugging it in to your host pc to have it picked up automatically in the controllers section of the shadow menu? 

I found a lot better performance in not forwarding my controllers and just plugging them in and starting shadow, because when forwarding them, I had the exact same issue. D:

Hey iamcozy!,

The XBOX controller does not automatically connect via the controller section. So I’m having to forward it as a USB device. Does controllers usually connect via controller section? If so, I think it’s technical difficulty on my end.

Typically they should, at least in the ones I’ve dabbled with.

What I would try first is in the launcher before you open shadow, uninstall the usb drivers in the settings menu, restart your host pc, and then reinstall them in shadows launcher settings again.

This may also sound silly, but is your host pc detecting your controller as an Xbox controller under Device Manager? 

Badge

Hey iamcozy!,

The XBOX controller does not automatically connect via the controller section. So I’m having to forward it as a USB device. Does controllers usually connect via controller section? If so, I think it’s technical difficulty on my end.