Solved

High Latency since last week

Im using shadow for about a month.The first week was great. Latency stable at 30ms.

Since last week, i keep getting +40. (Paris Server)

I did a test in Amsterdam and Paris. How is it possible that im getting 43ms in Paris and 46ms in amsterdam (From Spain)

Both with ethernet cable

icon

Best answer by Jim29er 25 July 2020, 01:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Have you tried trace route back to your public IP address?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Did you try restarting your router? Talking to your ISP about your route? This sounds like routing and congestion issues. 

Did you try restarting your router? Talking to your ISP about your route? This sounds like routing and congestion issues. 

XD, thats not an ISP problem, im having more latency on my Data Centers (SV,TX)

im having more latency recently too, from stable 65ms to stable 74ms on SV and 30 to 39ms on TX, sometimes my latencies get down to normal, but definitely is not any problem of my ISP, i swear, they should be having an overload on their data and then the latency increases.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

im having more latency recently too, from stable 65ms to stable 74ms on SV and 30 to 39ms on TX, sometimes my latencies get down to normal, but definitely is not any problem of my ISP, i swear, they should be having an overload on their data and then the latency increases.

I suggest you not throw stones when you don’t know what you’re talking about. ISPs can and do re-route traffic to avoid congested links, which can increase latency. Latency is a measure of distance, and is not tightly related with “overloading data,” except on a wireless network.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Yes, it is an ISP, routing/congestion problem. This issue happened earlier today to some users on the CA data center, and the conclusion of running various traceroutes, ping tests, etc was that the routes that these people were on were very, very badly congested.