Solved

Increasing latency USB Wheel and Pedals

• 11 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi there fellow shadow-people,

when using my G29 (wheel) and T-LCM (pedals) connected to the USB 3.0 everything just works fine the first couple of minutes. After that there is an increasingly latency that creeps up until it is unplayable. 

Strang thing: this does not happen all the time, but most of the times. Unplugging the wheel and pedals resets the issue, but how Shadow works the wheel loses connection to the game and I have to restart the game (very annoying mid race).

I have fiber 200mb up and download and connected by cable. 

Tried connecting the wheel and pedals using an powered USB splitter to see if that helps (no luck).

It seems the problem is more noticeable in main-time. So when most people are using Shadow. Could the servers having issues handling the traffic?

I monitored the package losses and the stability of the connection; nothing out of the ordinary there…

Any suggestion / help would be welcome!

icon

Best answer by Gelgoog 13 October 2020, 21:28

Hi @RobinNova ,

If your ping exceeds 35ms to the data center USB over IP is going to start having issues up to the disconnection of peripherals. -Gelgoog

View original

8 replies

Badge +1

Added note: I use the Shadow Ghost (so not sure if virtual here is going to help me)

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @RobinNova ,

If your ping exceeds 35ms to the data center USB over IP is going to start having issues up to the disconnection of peripherals. -Gelgoog

Badge +1

I am checking now with my different connection, I got both a fiber and a ADSL connection from 2 different suppliers. It seems that the ADSL has less issues then the much faster Fiber one… 

Next week I will get my upgraded Fiber from another company, it is said to be the most stable one.

Fingers crossed that makes a difference.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I am checking now with my different connection, I got both a fiber and a ADSL connection from 2 different suppliers. It seems that the ADSL has less issues then the much faster Fiber one… 

Next week I will get my upgraded Fiber from another company, it is said to be the most stable one.

Can you also tell us what router/modem you have? 

Badge +1

Can you also tell us what router/modem you have? 

My Modem/Router from my Fiber supplier is the Zyxel T50

I got no options to change the modem unfortunately. I did try it though on another network (my wife uses an ADSL line dedicated to her work) and the problem keeps existing. So I think I can rule out my internet connection.

Maybe I am just overasking the system from Shadow, perhaps racing is not really an option using the Shadow with a Ghost

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Have you tried all the USB ports on it? Does your ping/latency to Shadow go over 35 ms?

Badge +1

Have you tried all the USB ports on it? Does your ping/latency to Shadow go over 35 ms?

Hi Lily, yes I tried all the USB ports and even bought a powered USB hub in case it had something to do with the powersupply of my Ghost. None of this works unfortunately.

I am switching from ISP soon and I hope this will fix the problem; usually my ping is very low but I had witnessed it spiking. It must be those moments when all goes downhill ;-)

Badge +1

Hi @RobinNova ,

Yes I am aware of that; however my ping is very low :(