Question

IpadOS bluetooth keyboard unresponsive unless onscreen keyboard is up

• 20 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Describe the bug (required)

• When I go to access Shadow PC on IOS my bluetooth keyboard will not work at all while in the Shadow App. If I go to safari I have no problem typing or anything. The second I switch to shadow app the keyboard is not recognized at all unless I have the on screen keyboard up on the ipad

• If I go to safari I have no problem typing or anything. The second I switch to shadow app the keyboard is not recognized at all unless I have the on screen keyboard up on the ipad. The Shadow app should recognize the bluetooth keyboard the same way it does the bluetooth mouse right? I should be able to type and play pc games through the shadow app on iPad using bluetooth keyboard. 

• Steps to reproduce the bug (required)

• Provide explicit step-by-step actions to re-create the bug.

• Example:

• 1. connect bluetooth keyboard through settings in ipad

• 2. launch shadow app on ipad

• 3. Try to type in any area you can with out the on screen keyboard on the screen. It will not recognize the keyboard at all

• bring up on screen keyboard 

• you can now use bluetooth keyboard

• take down on screen keyboard

• bluetooth keyboard becomes unusable again

• After these steps, does the bug occur 100% of the time? Or sometimes?

• 100% of the time, a month ago I had no issues with keyboard and mouse.

• Application/device, official or beta, and version number (required)

• Example: iPad Shadow App Official Version 3.6.5 and Testflight 3.6.4

• Additional Context

• Provide any additional information here

• ipad 8th gen and ipad pro 11 inch

• 4/18/2021 around 3pm

• I use to have no issue using the same exact bluetooth keyboard a month ago. not sure what happened. 

5 replies

Badge

update: Just tried a buddies smart keyboard and can confirm the only time any keyboard will work is when the on screen from shadow control panel is up displayed on the screen. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@ClickClank9 

Please see if “Assistive touch” is enabled and if so turn it off and see if it fixes your issue. (This was suggested by other users as a fix) -Gelgoog

Badge

@Gelgoog Assistive touch is turned off. What is really weird now is the shadow control panel keyboard you can get to pop up on the screen no longer comes up either. It just shows a small circle at the bottom left corner of the screen with a down arrow. I have no clue what is happening and its so weird cause a month ago i had none of these problems. The bluetooth mouse works fine with no problems, but now the bluetooth keyboard and even the smart keyboard dont work or respond at all while in the shadow app

Yesterday things worked fine for me. Then today mouse and keyboards all stopped worked.

I’ve since been out for 1 hour, come back and now everything works again. Nothing changed by me. I had even tried rebooting the ipad before I went out and that made no difference.

Badge

Yesterday things worked fine for me. Then today mouse and keyboards all stopped worked.

I’ve since been out for 1 hour, come back and now everything works again. Nothing changed by me. I had even tried rebooting the ipad before I went out and that made no difference.

I wish that would happen for me haha! My mouse works fine, it is literally just the keyboard that wont work at all for me, 10 days now I can not get this thing to work and ive looked at every setting I can think of to see if I accidently hit something.