Question

Latency issues. Ticket escalated. No update?

• 31 July 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a ticket escalated to the network engineers. My latency bad enough where I can’t use it for gaming anymore. There hasn’t been any real update. This whole weekend and then some, I haven’t been able to use my Shadow for its intended purpose. Ticket #954512 

Can someone/anyone help? It’s getting harder and harder to justify the service.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Network latency is mostly about distance. I presume you’ve already performed some analysis, to determine that there is a problem within Shadow’s control, such as within their data center or ISP?

Just so you are aware, it is highly unlikely to be a problem on the Shadow end of things.

As in there’s an issue with my side of things or the circumstances? Because I’ve had no problems just a few days ago. Something changed and I can’t for the life of me figure out what it is. I don’t recall anything changing on my end.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Charm  There is a lot of Internet between you and the Shadow data center; problems don’t necessarily occur on either “end.” Routing changes (due to problems/circuit congestion) can occur at any time along the path, and might not have anything to do with your (nor Shadow’s) ISP.

There are some support articles for analyzing the latency along the path, along with some tools to have a look at the other direction (such as Shadow Looking Glass which will perform a traceroute from a data center to your location).

I’m just providing the broad strokes here; the support staff will likely suggest what to have a look at.

I have a ticket escalated to the network engineers. My latency bad enough where I can’t use it for gaming anymore. There hasn’t been any real update. This whole weekend and then some, I haven’t been able to use my Shadow for its intended purpose. Ticket #954512 

Can someone/anyone help? It’s getting harder and harder to justify the service.

I have the same issue about 4-5 days ago shadow went from working to fine to i cant do anything on it

So still no update. Just constant 85ish latency. If they can't do anything, I wish they'd just come out and say that. A little communication would go a long way.