Question

Low speeds on Shadow

• 22 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello!

I’ve been using shadow since around september now i believe. and its been great! a fair performance, and i have only ever encountered 1 downtime if i remember correctly.

However, lately, or rather since a bit before christmas i think. i noticed that the connection performance dropped somewhat. i have always been able to easily stay at 65-70mbit max rate. but ever since then, it never goes above 50-60. and if i dont cap the rate to like 40-45 it gets really, really crappy. stutters, higher input lag and just a pain to play! I have checked every single connection in between my computer and the server. everything is able to pull the weight, and all tests between my computer and the server shows a good 250+ connection with 20ms. and still i cant let the connection go uncapped. to me i just feel like it’s a strangle on my device that isn’t mentioned anywhere. and its really frustrating, because if this is the best that you can offer. then i feel like i might aswell change to a more stable provider like google or nvidia.

Best regards

Ace

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

...because if this is the best that you can offer. then i feel like i might aswell change to a more stable provider like google or nvidia.

Best regards

Ace

Be careful with assumptions, as problems like these are unlikely to be on the Blade data center side of things. It is much more likely to be regional congestion or similar issues. Note that the Shadow speed test (from the web site) does not actually test UDP/streaming protocols, so is not an exhaustive test.

You can receive more real-time assistance with these sorts of things, via the #community-help channel on the Shadow Discord, if you want to go that route.