Question

Mac OS USB forwarding drivers break bluetooth

• 5 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I’m on macOS Mojave with a MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015. 

I have a USB mouse which sort of works without USB forwarding, but noticed it definitely has hiccups (not responsive to clicking, etc) and found out that usb forwarding for peripherals should in theory resolve this. However, after installing the usb forwarding drivers, my MacBook’s bluetooth stops working.

What happens:

• I installed the drivers. When I do this, bluetooth icon shows that it’s no longer available. This is resolved by restarting my laptop. 
  • After restarting my laptop, bluetooth is again available but it becomes unresponsive. When trying to turn on or off, it doesn’t do anything. When trying to connect to my bluetooth headphones, it won’t. 
  • Uninstalling the drivers and then restarting my laptop resolves bluetooth issues.
  • I’ve installed, restarted, uninstalled, restarted 3 times and behaviour has repeated. So I’m fairly confident the shadow drivers are to blame. 

Any ideas if this is a known bug or there’s a workaround? I’d to have USB forwarding working so I have fully functional gaming mouse to use while also retaining ability to use bluetooth headphones. 

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

You should open a ticket with support about this as well. Did you try both the official and beta clients?