Question

Massive MS

I have a 1.2 TB internet and direct to router 900Mbs average and im getting 2k to 4k MS. 

Legitimately having issues with my guild and farming over this.

17 replies

This has been going on since December when I upgraded my package and I've made multiple tickets about this issue with ZERO resolve

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

There’s definitely something going on there, but latency that high is going to be caused by something in your local setup. Internet latency that high is enough to circle the Earth a few times.

Are you using Ethernet for the Mac? I see WiFi is enabled in your first screenshot, so just making sure.

What are your macOS and Shadow client versions?

It would also be helpful to test from a different device (using Ethernet) on the same network for comparison, if that’s an option.

Lastly, if you are using Ethernet, have you tried power-cycling your network gear (router / modem) ? If you’re using Comcast, it’s best to do that from their web site in your account → Devices page.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

It doesn’t look like the regular location service pattern, but in addition to @Jim29er s questions and theories you should disable location services when using shadow.

It is hard wired just the wifi always stays on. As for the computer I've used both my Mac running Catalina and my windows 10 PC. I don't have location on im just frustrated with the lack of help from support

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

It is hard wired just the wifi always stays on. As for the computer I've used both my Mac running Catalina and my windows 10 PC. I don't have location on im just frustrated with the lack of help from support

Do you have the same symptoms from the Windows 10 PC? If so, it’d be nice to know OS and Shadow client versions there too, but the suspect would shift more to your network gear…knowing your cable modem device model (and router model) would be helpful.

What advice has Blade support given you?

Same issues with the PC I have to hook it all up to use it and this is my main work flow computer.

As for support I get nothing but up date this update that there is nothing more to do. I made a ticket 3 days ago still nothing. Ive asked if I could go back to the basic because all this happened AFTER the upgrade. This problem is on there end I repeat “After upgrading to ultra” I've had issues not before. They have offered no resolve besides we can't change it back and if I want out I need to pay full amount for the year. Im over it and about to just report there Service to the BBB

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey @Kusotare420,
The higher tier you ordered is in the same datacenter with the same networking and is the exact same as the Boost servers, just with different hardware. Since it is not shadows fault that you are experiencing network issues they cannot help you. For standard connection troubleshooting you can use google, YouTube or forums like this here. Shadow also provides 3 different Discord servers where other users are willing to help you troubleshooting your connection. That is however not the purpose of customer support. You accepted the terms of service at the beginning of your subscription which makes a report to anyone useless. Especially when the issue is not even happening on shadows end. 

You can do the following:
1. Download PingPlotter on your local machine and Shadow from https://www.pingplotter.com/download 2. Get your public IP from ifconfig.me using a web browser on both Shadow and your local machine. 3. Put Shadow's ifconfig.me IP in your local target, put your local IP in Shadows target field. Set interval to 1 second. 4. When the COUNT field hits 300 you can read out all the relevant information needed to determine who’s fault it is. You can contact your ISP if the issue is related to them. 
When you see an IP-Address that has packet loss or high ping you can copy the Address and check it on https://check-host.net/ which will then tell you who’s router this is, so that you can tell your ISP.

Otherwise I don’t really see any way to help you. Make sure to check if your windows PC might get better results. In this case I would check the LAN port on the router / modem, LAN port on your mac and the cable that connects both of them with each other. 

I hope I could help a bit. Good luck

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I agree with Phobos that this issue is not on Shadow’s end...correlation is not causation, and narrowing this down can prove difficult.

I’m assuming the Mac is a laptop computer; if it were me, I’d take it to another location where I could test with Ethernet, to see if the problem followed.

I knew I wasn't crazy !!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Those issues are data center environmental (scroll to the bottom of that status page)...not causing your stratospheric latency. The latter is something else.

Seriously, take your Mac laptop to another location and test there.

Those issues are data center environmental (scroll to the bottom of that status page)...not causing your stratospheric latency. The latter is something else.

Seriously, take your Mac laptop to another location and test there.

I don't have a laptop its a iMac. The issue via that ping plotter was on there end. Now that there update is done my issue is resolved finally! My ms now sits at 30 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Now that there update is done my issue is resolved finally! My ms now sits at 30 

Which update are you referring to? The status page for that data center hasn’t changed.

Well then what's different today then the past few weeks then?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Kusotare420 Networking can change in minutes. Just a random ISP on the way having some trouble and you’re gone. I am 99% sure that your pingplotter will not show a shadow related IP address having issues.