Solved

Memory

Badge +1

Right, here goes, I joined the world off shadow about a year and a half ago, I waited for the memory upgrade and was fortunate to succeed with the most recent allocation, trouble is I don't think I have received it! I am a complete numpty where computers are concerned and having tried the restart Windows etc, I fear I have failed.. Can someone please tell me a number I should look for to check and compare, I believe I'm paying for an extra 500gb on top of initial allocation of 250? When on steam, i can still only download 3 or 4 games, does this sound about right. My games are world of warships, uboat, fm15 and a random cheap golf game, any help greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by AdamCF 27 May 2020, 18:35

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I believe you’re trying to install your games onto you C drive. Can you go and open your File Explorer, then go to “This PC” (Circled in blue). There should now be 2 large icons. C drive and D drive. D drive should say something like “XXX free out of 500gb”. Mine has about 1.5tb, but that’s because I decided to upgrade it a while ago. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

If you do find that the Local Disk D has another 500gb, you can change your default steam drive to it with this tutortial https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Badge +1

Thank you for advice , I'm away from laptop at mo, but will try it out later and let you know , I did explore the c/d drive previously with no luck, I will try again.. Love shadow, ps4 barely gets turned on now, looking forward to ghost and ultra turning up! 

Badge +1

OK, so I'm at the add library stage, do I make up a name or click on which one? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Select the arrow next to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ and select the D drive. then click create new folder.

Badge +1

Amazing! Thank you Adam CF and also Hascrack.. 

Badge +1

Without help like this I would be lost, too  old to learn new tricks.. Again thks