Solved

mobile app not detecting any games, and can't get past starting shadow

Badge

I've tried refreshing, reinstalling, refreshing again, waiting. Not sure what else to do.

This has happened to me twice now, both times following using a Bluetooth controller with the app.

I'm using the Android app on a Google Pixel 3A if it matters.

icon

Best answer by Lily 2 June 2020, 06:16

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey List and Lily, great feedback and discussion here. I’ve made note of the feedback about the Android app and the issues you’ve been running into like R200 after switching to Beta. One thing to note is that we’re aware of the “Shutdown Shadow” button missing from the Android app, and the team is working on resolving that issue.

If issues persist where the Shadow is not usable on the app at all, please contact support via the account page. 

Thanks, Ryan!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey List and Lily, great feedback and discussion here. I’ve made note of the feedback about the Android app and the issues you’ve been running into like R200 after switching to Beta. One thing to note is that we’re aware of the “Shutdown Shadow” button missing from the Android app, and the team is working on resolving that issue.

If issues persist where the Shadow is not usable on the app at all, please contact support via the account page. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Well r200 is a render issue. It is possible that something on the Shadow about the streamer thing is borked. No idea how to solve that other than a possible reset. 

You can also try the alpha launcher on your PC.  See if that might resolve the issue. 

Badge

It does, and I'm having a hard time pinpointing exactly what's causing it.

Fixing it with the beta app, which is much easier than it was before, seems to be some combination of manually shutting down the PC remotely, refreshing my app list, and restarting my phone. And then... Just sort of waiting.

nothing is really working 100%. And I'm not sure why shutting the PC down manually isn't completely resolving an r200 issue, unless that was only a couple of times and the others are actually something else that it's not reporting. Because I don't get the error every single time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Ok, it’s working better but still sometimes disconnects and hangs on starting shadow.

Now, it’s giving me an error though:r−200.

EDIT:After looking up the error, it suggests shutting down the shadow after each use… and I have been since this error started happening. I don’t really know how else to shutdown on the mobile app other than using the start menu on the desktop though.

Yeah, that would be the way to shut down, like a normal PC… Does the issue still continue to happen? 

Badge

Ok, it’s working better but still sometimes disconnects and hangs on starting shadow.

Now, it’s giving me an error though:r−200.

EDIT:After looking up the error, it suggests shutting down the shadow after each use… and I have been since this error started happening. I don’t really know how else to shutdown on the mobile app other than using the start menu on the desktop though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

No problem! Good luck) 

Badge

Try the android beta app, you can get it on your account page. 

I’m sorry… I must not be understanding what my “account” page is exactly, because what I thought you meant doesn’t seem to have such an option.

Can you be more specific how I would find this?

EDIT:I found it. My mistakes were: 1. thinking the account accessible from forums would have the same menu as from the shadow.tech main page and 2. Going to the account page in that correct menu is one level too far; I had to back out to find the betas.

Thanks, gonna try this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Try the android beta app, you can get it on your account page. 

Badge

No... I actually only got an error once which I can't replicate. The other times it just hangs.

Badge

do you get an error U:101?