Solved

Mouse Problems

• 25 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have had to double my sensitivity for games like CS:GO and Fortnite and it doesn’t feel normal. This has been going on for more than a week and I addressed my problems to the support team and they just told me to get an ethernet cable. I know it’s not a latency problem because I went on GeForce Now and my sensitivity is fine, so it’s definitely a shadow problem. Please fix it, I really like shadow and I don’t want to have to switch

icon

Best answer by Darasin 9 July 2020, 20:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Did you lock your mouse?

shadow key combo + m ( cmd option m on mac. Not sure what the windows equivalent would be beside the m key)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Did you try searching the forum too? Plenty of latency posts here. And yes support is right, it is stated in the ToS that for the best experience ethernet is required. And what you might be feeling is congestion/routing issues and/or your network not be able to handle the bandwidth that Shadow takes. 

Badge

But even if it was a latency problem, then why was it fine before I had to update shadow, so it’s clearly a shadow problem. And yes I have searched the forum and found people with the same problems and they also clearly stated and proved that it was a shadow problem. I understand I will need a ethernet cable to get the best experience and I am working towards getting one but I know full well this a problem only shadow can fix.

I’m having the exact same issue, it will work again with next patch i guess...

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@skapeee you cant not use another service for contrast, because its location could be different. Use the Shadow overlay or Ping Plotter to track your stats. That’s step one to identify the problem. 

That said, I have noticed some wifi sensitivity in the Shadow app. However, without some stats its hard to narrow this down.