Question

My shadow just became near unusable this morning

• 2 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

im going to type this exactly how my shadow lets me. this morning after playing some videogames as usual my latency began spiking up incredibly high then back to the normal 36 ms i ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggget. sometimes it spikes up to the hundreds or the thousands and its been doing this since it happened about 4 hours ago. whenever it does this (around every 10-30 seconds) it repeats whatever key i was pressing until its done and also doesnt allow me to put any inputs in, then when the spike in latency is done a few seconds                                       later itt then does my inputs and goes back to arrrrrrrrrrlate (it just spammed r and then spammed backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkspace when i tried to fix it) i was saying it goes back to around 100 ms of latency then back to 36. ive tried restarting the internet and restarting the shadow and nothing has fixed it. im using the 5 GHz wifi option (and no dont tell me to just use ethernet, i canttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt and it usually works just fine without it) ive been using my shadow daily and theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere hasnt been problems like this. i get random latency spikes but i assumed that was just my innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnternet. its been REALLY hard to use my mouse or type anything and in this report here i just let the mistakes do as they do to sssssssssssssshhhhhhow how it is. this sucks. please help. my datacenter is the one in california. i get it has the decreased perfoooooooooormance which i could tell it was before but did it just get this much worse? what happened? sssssorry im just really confused and i need some helppppppppppppppp.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @GeneralSoupy 

Have you done a trace from your home to your shadow and from your shadow to your home to see where the issue may be?