Question

No quick menu on Nvidia shield pro

• 7 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi all, I have recently purchased a sub for shadow boost and wish to use it on my nvidia shield pro tv. I have installed the app via Google play and it works but with one problem. I dont have a quick menu to use for usb peripherals etc and i have tried a combination of Alt, windows and o but nothing comes up? I have tried with the onscreen keyboard too and sadly the same result. This problem is on both the beta and official versions of the app. I dont have the option for usb peripherals on the settings screen prior to login either.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @sajdjfbh 
The quick menu is not available for android TV. USB Forwarding does only work on MacOS, Windows, Shadow Box v1, Shadow Ghost. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@sajdjfbh

Another method for forwarding USB devices connected to your Shield TV, is the VirtualHere software. It’s a bit complex, but the high level is - you’d install the VH server on your Shield TV, and the VH client on the Shadow PC. You’d then configure port-forwarding on your Internet router, to forward the VH server ports to your Shield TV, which would allow your Shadow PC client to connect when given the pubic IP of your router. It might also be possible to use some VPN-like software (Hamachi / ZeroTier) instead of doing the port-forwarding, but I don’t know first hand if those work on Android TV devices.

There used to be a guide for using VirtualHere with Shadow, but unfortunately it looks like the link [referenced in the thread below] is dead.

Badge

Hello @sajdjfbh 
The quick menu is not available for android TV. USB Forwarding does only work on MacOS, Windows, Shadow Box v1, Shadow Ghost. 

Thankyou for the reply, Ive sussed it now with installing virtual here for the usb forwarding issues and its working tremendously well. Thanks again.