Solved

no sound devices after update

Badge

Hi everyone,

I’ve encountered a strange problem. If I allow my shadow windows installation to do a windows update or allow nvidia to update (even only allowing display drivers and not the hd audio drivers), I suddenly have no sound. Going through device manager and sound settings both show that sound devices dont exist. device manager says there is a registry issue. 

Pulling my hair out with it. I have sound now due to doing a system restore in windows to last week (22/05/2020), but just waiting for it to happen again next time i log in.
Has anybody else had this issue? Anyone know an easy fix?

Thanks,

Dave

icon

Best answer by I2astar 28 May 2020, 18:08

View original

3 replies

Badge

I had that issue fixed by reinstalling the graphic driver. It found the soundcard again when i did so

Badge

I had that issue fixed by reinstalling the graphic driver. It found the soundcard again when i did so

Ah, sounds like a plan I’ll try that now thankyou

Badge

Ah, sounds like a plan I’ll try that now thankyou

dave did this work for you?. i just clicked the 3 dots and then re install update on geforce experience. and it didnt help. did you delete and re install the whole driver?