Question

Playstation DualSense + XBox Elite 2

• 4 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Are the Playstation 5 DualSense and Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 controllers fully supported by Shadow? According to several posts on the forums, these controllers are still not fully supported.

By fully supported I mean that all controller inputs are registered and accessible by the operating system and applications like Steam for every Shadow app.

Thanks, this is very confusing.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

For example for my Mac OS Shadow application detects and lists the appropriate controller but then it’s getting misidentified as another device. The PS5 DualSense is detected as a PS4 DualShock and the Xbox Elite 2 is detected as a Xbox 360.

Shadow detecting a PS5 DualSense

Steam misidentifying the PS5 DualSense as a PS4 DualShock
Shadow detecting the Xbox Elite 2

Steam misidentifying the Xbox Elite 2 as a Xbox 360

Userlevel 1
Badge

Shadow support are gaslighting me about both of the playstation controller. 

After checking on my end, you're using the Mac application.

The Playstation controllers should work on this app.

And they apparently can’t answer me about the Xbox Elite v2 even though the controller has been around for quite a while.

However, we haven't carried out tests with the Xbox Elite v2 controller, so I cannot guarantee that it works.

Unbelievable.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would like to get a straight answer: Are the Playstation 5 DualSense and Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 controllers fully supported by Shadow? By fully supported I mean that all controller inputs are registered and accessible by the operating system and applications like Steam for every Shadow application.

For example, I am using the latest Mac OS Intel Shadow Beta and IOS Beta and both apps detects and lists the appropriate controller but then it’s getting misidentified as another device. 

For Mac OS Intel Shadow Beta: The PS5 Dualsense is listed by Shadow, but both Windows and Steam see it as a Dualshock 4 with basic functionality, neither the touchpad nor the gyro works.

For Mac OS Intel Shadow Beta: The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 is listed by Shadow, but both Windows and Steam see it as an Xbox 360 with basic functionality, neither the four back paddles nor the gyro works.

For Mac OS Intel Shadow Beta:  The PS5 Dualsense is listed by Shadow, but both Windows and Steam see it as an Xbox 360 with basic functionality, neither the touchpad nor the gyro works.

For Mac OS Intel Shadow Beta:  The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 is listed by Shadow, but both Windows and Steam see it as an Xbox 360 with basic functionality, neither the four back paddles nor the gyro works.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 1
Badge

Posted the above because I intend to just copy and paste this into the Shadow support contact form every day until I get an answer.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Shadow support, I’ll keep resubmitting the same support ticket every day until you pay attention.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@spencerthayer  I believe the specific answer to your question is no, the PS5 DS and Xbox Elite 2 controllers are not natively supported.

Shadow initially followed the same model as Nvidia’s GFN, in that controllers were mapped to virtual Xbox 360 controllers on the remote (Shadow) computer. They later added native support for the PS4 DS, but seem to have stopped more progression on that model.

You could potentially work around the limitation by connecting the controllers via USB and utilizing the device-forwarding feature, but back when I was a subscriber and tested that...it seemed to be glitchy (which judging by recent forums posts, there seem to be continuing issues with the USB device-forwarding in general). Of course, most people do not want to use wired controllers…

In terms of a direct response from Shadow staff, I think it’s still the case that these are community forums with some moderator involvement, but not meant for direct interaction. For that you’d need to use their ticketing system (edit: it sounds like you may already be doing that).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yeah @Jim29er I have tickets. The frustrating thing is that Shadow support do not seem willing to tell me “no.” They’re just ignoring me.