Solved

Problème Lancement

• 21 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I allow myself to post here to share my concerns.

This morning, I launched my shadow but it did not launch, it remains stuck in step “2.Starting Shadow” and then goes back to the initial plan “Shadow is off”.

I already tried everything, re-install the application, checked my subscription, client version, login, install my drivers, enabled my gc.

But still no launch of Shadow, which is why I turn to you for help on a possible solution.

Cordially.

icon

Best answer by Thortok2000 22 November 2020, 12:57

When this occurs, go to the question mark, and select the power button, to turn off your shadow.

Above the Start Now button, you are waiting for it to say the words “Shadow is off” - it will say “shadow is shutting down” for a little while, and then say “Shadow is off”. If you see it say ‘shadow is off’ you should be able to connect immediately by clicking ‘Start now’.

If it actually starts to connect again BEFORE saying ‘shadow is off’ and before you have clicked the button yourself - go to the question mark, hit the power button again, and this time close the client so it’s not running any more. Wait five VERY LONG minutes (this is the hardest part, wanting to try again before five minutes is up), then open the client again and you should be able to connect.

If you still can’t connect, repeat the same steps but wait 20 minutes instead of 5. And if you STILL can’t connect, it’s time to contact support.

~

Reason this happens: The windows on your shadow crashed, froze, and/or the streamer program did. (In some cases, if you’ve installed another way to connect to your shadow, like Chrome remote desktop, you can go in and manually shut down the shadow that way, too.)

The best fix is for your shadow to turn off and back on again. The problem is the off switch is in the data center and you’re not. So you send a request for it to be turned off, and that request can take up to 5 minutes to process.

In some cases, if you leave the client open, it will attempt to reconnect instead, canceling the shutdown request. Which is why if you see it doing that, then you will need to send another shutdown request and then close the client.

And the reason for 20 minutes as a final step after you’ve tried waiting shorter periods is in some cases the reason this is happening is that windows is updating and it can just take that long.

View original

5 replies

Hello,I have had the exact same problem since today (3:30 p.m.). I had managed to cast my shadow. This one crashed and since impossible despite having checked all the updates, reinstall the application, turn off the shadow many times, restart the local pc ect but nothing helps.I wish to have an intervention as soon as possible please
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

When this occurs, go to the question mark, and select the power button, to turn off your shadow.

Above the Start Now button, you are waiting for it to say the words “Shadow is off” - it will say “shadow is shutting down” for a little while, and then say “Shadow is off”. If you see it say ‘shadow is off’ you should be able to connect immediately by clicking ‘Start now’.

If it actually starts to connect again BEFORE saying ‘shadow is off’ and before you have clicked the button yourself - go to the question mark, hit the power button again, and this time close the client so it’s not running any more. Wait five VERY LONG minutes (this is the hardest part, wanting to try again before five minutes is up), then open the client again and you should be able to connect.

If you still can’t connect, repeat the same steps but wait 20 minutes instead of 5. And if you STILL can’t connect, it’s time to contact support.

~

Reason this happens: The windows on your shadow crashed, froze, and/or the streamer program did. (In some cases, if you’ve installed another way to connect to your shadow, like Chrome remote desktop, you can go in and manually shut down the shadow that way, too.)

The best fix is for your shadow to turn off and back on again. The problem is the off switch is in the data center and you’re not. So you send a request for it to be turned off, and that request can take up to 5 minutes to process.

In some cases, if you leave the client open, it will attempt to reconnect instead, canceling the shutdown request. Which is why if you see it doing that, then you will need to send another shutdown request and then close the client.

And the reason for 20 minutes as a final step after you’ve tried waiting shorter periods is in some cases the reason this is happening is that windows is updating and it can just take that long.

thank you for your answer, but nothing hurts despite having waited for more than 5 min and also 20 min ....

Hello,

Thanks for help, I’m trying it again and again and still not working, I will try the 20min step, I send anyways message to support to check that.

Thanks anyways.

Okay, well it works !

I did what you say, but i waited 20min, and finaly it works 100%. 

So, launch shadow, it auto launch stream, and cut it during the loading, then leave shadow when it says "shadow off”, waited 20min.

Launch shadow, launch streaming, wait, and it works !

Perfect, thank you !