If you have this issue it is due to a Windows 10 issue. Here is how you fix it.
- Uninstall Shadow
- Download and install CCleaner (Free version: https://www.ccleaner.com/)
- Run CCleaner and run an "Easy Scan" and cleanup
- Go to the your %appdata% folder (Windows search '%appdata') and delete all 'Shadow'-related folders
- Delete the folder C://Users/username/.shadow
- Restart your computer
- Download and install Shadow again at https://account.shadow.tech/apps
If this still fails follow these steps:
- Shut down your Computer
- Unplug power to your router
- Unplug power to your cable/DSL modem and wait 15 seconds
- Restart your modem and wait for all lights to return
- Restart your router and wait for all lights to return
- Start your computer again and connect to your Shadow to see if the issue persists.
If this still fails
- go to your Shadow launcher settings, click send logs and send them to shadow support.