Solved

Rockstar Offline Error, launcher could not establish connection

• 12 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I've seen this error posted on this forum a couple of times where the Rockstar Launcher says it can't establish connection even in offline mode because the user never logged in from "this machine" and most of them come up with a solution that I don't know if I can do them cuz I don't know if they'll work for me. The solutions involve having to wait an unknown number hours or when the next time you log in Shadow, you are suppised to recieve some windows update or installation something like that. I'm unsure of how the second solution works because I didn't get any windows patch or anything installed when I logged in my Shadow today, in fact I had to reset my Shadow because of a bug that would just freeze it entirely only being able to move my mouse when I accessed the drop down menu, this was my fault since I downloaded a suspicious application from this website. But anyways, can someone give me a good solid solution because I don't know what to do anymore, Shadow was my only shot at replaying Rockstar games (not being ungrateful because I still got to play ESO Skyrim and Fallout 4) but I want to mod the **** out of GTA V, can someone help me fix my Rockstar launcher. I think i know why, most of the people that claimed to know what was happening with the launcher who used their own PC and not Shadow said that it was due to VPN, and since Shadow works sort of like how a VPN works, cuz how I'm in TN and my Shadow is in Chicago because the data center is there. Maybe Rockstar launcher has some sort of anti-VPN or anti fake location thing where if they detect something like that, they won't allow users to log in and play their game, is this true?

icon

Best answer by Phobos 13 November 2021, 18:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @SwayX_X 

R* recently posted (screenshot from Yesterday at 4:01am CET)

Badge

Oh thank god, I swear I was jumping on the gun when I started blaming my Shadow for GTA not working. At least I know it's on Rockstar's End. I shouldn't have blamed Shadow, I was just panicking since I thought my money was going to waste on GTA. Thanks again, and did Rockstar update that in twitter saying when the maintenance will be done? @Phobos 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Badge

@Phobos I think they just got done with maintenance like about 2 to 3 hours ago cuz i searched up if servers were down and i think i saw a post sayin they've opened servers back up