Solved

Shadow no longer functional

• 20 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Since Monday evening, I can no longer log into Shadow.

Client connects, Windows login screen appears but then everything freezes.

Login is not possible.

I tried with Standard and Beta Client, no luck. Same issue on iOS over WiFi or data network.

My local computer (and Shadow) are both up to date, 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Phobos 25 April 2021, 10:36

Hey @Bruder
This is a new Issue. The support team does probably not know what’s wrong which is why bigger issues like these get forwarded to the dev team. More people have to report this issue and attach their logs for the developers to be able to find out what’s wrong. This issue will probably have to be patched in future client/launcher updates. I recommend trying to reset your shadow to see if that helps. I believe you can request a download link from support which includes all files that are currently stored on your shadow if you want to back up some important files, before resetting.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Please see @Phobos’ suggestion in:

His suggestion is to send logs contact support and hope for  the best. not the greatest info. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

His suggestion is to send logs contact support and hope for  the best. not the greatest info. 

Well sure, but the only way to get in touch with people who can help you, as these are merely community forums.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Nobody here is able to magically fix an issue in the (it seems like) shadow systems. Shadow support has to know about this issue for them to be able to fix it. If you send me all the passwords I need to maintain the shadow servers I could attempt fixing it, but I believe that your shadow would get even more messed up in this case :D

Did any of you girls or guys get to a solution yet? I'm in contact with the support but they don't seem to have a clear grasp of a way to handle this. My shadow boost is dysfunctional  for almost a week now...

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey @Bruder
This is a new Issue. The support team does probably not know what’s wrong which is why bigger issues like these get forwarded to the dev team. More people have to report this issue and attach their logs for the developers to be able to find out what’s wrong. This issue will probably have to be patched in future client/launcher updates. I recommend trying to reset your shadow to see if that helps. I believe you can request a download link from support which includes all files that are currently stored on your shadow if you want to back up some important files, before resetting.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I've chosen to do a hard reset today. Hopefully this will fix the issue!

A hard reset fixed the issue for me. Unfortunately, that of course means the local data is gone...

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

If you want to attempt a reset and want to download important data first you can open a support ticket and ask for a download link for all your data, because you have to reset shadow due to an issue that hasn’t been resolved since a few days now. I already said that in a previous message, but felt like saying it again in case someone didn’t see it :D