Question

Shadow not responding at launch

• Describe the bug (required)

• Attempt to launch shadow (both normally and in safe mode). Program opens at start-up screen saver however is completely unresponsive to both mouse and keyboard (cursor intermittently appears in window but clicking doesn’t bring a response)

• Opened shadow quick menue and can see connection is open (Connection check says great, bandwidth over 20Mbps, latency <25ms). However FPS is at 0, no other response 

• Normally hitting any key or clicking with the mouse would bring me to normal windows profile login to enter password

• Steps to reproduce the bug (required)

• Start Shadow

• Launcher is replaced with usual launch window

• Subsequently unresponsive to any action

• Have restarted shadow and local PC several times. Have not been able to access since 1900 BST 19/04

• Application/device, official or beta, and version number (required)

• Windows official Launcher v4.23.15 Client v3.10.17

• Additional Context

• Started evening of 19/04/2021

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

It appears a couple of other people are having the same issue:

Out of curiosity, if you switch to the beta client, does the problem remain?

A recent Windows Update was mentioned in that other thread as a possible suspect; my Shadow VM is currently on W10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.928) without issues, but I also always use the beta client.

Same problem for me since 19.04.21.

My Shadow Boost completely stopped working.

Normal Client, Beta Client, PC, Phone, Wifi, 4G, Safe Mode, Restart, I tried it with every configuration the whole day. It’s 100% unusable. and just freezes after startup. I let it sit there for a long time as well. Not even the forced timeout shutdown works...:sweat:

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Best would be entering the Help menu in your shadow launcher (the “?” in the upper right corner), then press “Send Logs”, note the code you get and the current time. Then head to your account page https://shdw.me/account, create a support ticket, describe your issue, eventually attach screenshot(s) and provide the code and time you noted.

It helps a lot determining where the issue is which leads to a quicker fix. Good luck.

I seem to have this also. Sent logs last night, they responded with “did some maintenance” and everything should be fine. Checked this morning it was working. Just now in the evening tried logging on and having this issue. They can’t fix this problem been going on intermittently for months. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

They can’t fix this problem been going on intermittently for months. 

I’m in the same data center as you are, and have never had this happen...weird.

I had it for the first time after the windows update.

My issue only got forwarded - I wonder how many days I end up unable to use the service at all….

I had it for the first time after the windows update.

My issue only got forwarded - I wonder how many days I end up unable to use the service at all….

This happens to me at night, so I send my logs and they do maintenance overnight. In the morning I log on and it works perfect. I log off for a few hours, go to use it, and its back to square one. On standard, alpha, and beta versions. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey guys..
If you have contacted support about your issue that’s the best you could do at the moment. Even if your shadow has not been fixed or only temporarily fixed you at least have reported this issue. The more tickets Shadow receives about this problem, the faster it will be fixed permanently. If they ask you for additional data please reply (there is a reply function in email clients) to the support E-mail. If the ticket says that a maintenance was applied you can reply and tell them that this has not fixed your issue.

Always remember to stay kind to the support heroes since they are a human, just like you are. 

Pinging you just in case: @LyonzDenLive @Bruder 

This happens to me at night, so I send my logs and they do maintenance overnight. In the morning I log on and it works perfect. I log off for a few hours, go to use it, and its back to square one. On standard, alpha, and beta versions. 

It doesn’t work at all for me 3 day straight now. Can’t even make a backup..

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Bruder 

Have you tried uninstalling shadow from your local machine and re-installing the latest stable client? -Gelgoog

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

There is also an option to reset your shadow which might also help.

I tried it all.