Question

Shadow resets display size to 1920x1080

I have a 2560x1440 monitor and until the last update, shadow worked great with my monitor and it had the same resolution as my desktop, but after the update it was stuck at 1920x1080 and 60hz ( my monitor supports 144hz ). I tried everything, nvidia control panel didn’t work because i couldn’t create a custom resolution ( The customize button was greyed out but i already have DSR disabled so the common fix doesn’t work ). Does anyone else have this problem? 

This topic has been closed for comments

47 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Speak of the devil mines just kicked in. Now set at 1440p and can see my monitor . I'll give you heads up once restarted if it goes back to 1080.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Userlevel 1

still at 1080p here :(

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yup I shut down shadow and restarted again and it's back to 1080 🤦

Userlevel 1

issue of 1080p is still ongoing despite so called update this morning

Same Problem here for a bit more than a week. I’ve also raised a ticket yesterday. Tried multiple clients, didn’t work. 

On one of my clients I could reenable 4k by enabling dual screen and disabling again. That sucks a bit.

Userlevel 1

I feel there is a bit of performance hit doing the dual screen thing. I keep asking for them just to roll back the update, still waiting. Still fixed at 1080p today

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Still the same after i thought it was fixed, now back to 1080 again. Also if i don’t touch it for a while the normal pop up displays saying move your mouse, that doesn't even work now and shuts down shadow. WHAT’S THE FEED BACK SHADOW I’M SICK OF B...DY TICKETS!!!

Userlevel 1

Still the same after i thought it was fixed, now back to 1080 again. Also if i don’t touch it for a while the normal pop up displays saying move your mouse, that doesn't even work now and shuts down shadow. WHAT’S THE FEED BACK SHADOW I’M SICK OF B...DY TICKETS!!!

shadow replied saying to try another screen, otherwise no further updates.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Done that did naff all 👍

u/JonathanFromShadow replied on a  reddit post on this issue: 

our team is aware of this current issue and is looking into this further. If you have not received a response from our Support Team yet, please go ahead and reach back out so they can help look into this and provide you with updates once the issue is resolved.

(https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowPC/comments/tay1rj/mac_client_only_hd_resolution/)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

u/JonathanFromShadow replied on a  reddit post on this issue: 

our team is aware of this current issue and is looking into this further. If you have not received a response from our Support Team yet, please go ahead and reach back out so they can help look into this and provide you with updates once the issue is resolved.

(https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowPC/comments/tay1rj/mac_client_only_hd_resolution/)

Yup but still doesn't work 👍 we'll be into the second week on Monday.

Userlevel 1

issue ongoing 2 weeks

Yes and still no reply or fix :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

As of 3/14/22 ← USA DATE FORMAT this is an ongoing issue with a lot of users. If you are experiencing this issue, please open a ticket and be sure to include logs in your ticket. -Gelgoog

Userlevel 1

Ticket created already and logs already sent ~2weeks ago

I just received a reply to my ticket asking for connection speed tests..

Userlevel 1

I just received a reply to my ticket asking for connection speed tests..

No further reply so far

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The response workaround fixes are regurgitated 💩hurry up and fix it.

If I have to send another log I'll have cut down a whole forest.

One day I'll wake up and "woo hoo! It's fixed"👍

Later that day after Shadow shuts down because of the ridiculous timeout (please ditch that, no-one wants it) system kicks in, it's back to 1080 again and will be like it for the rest of the day no matter how many restarts, using different a screen, switch to beta blah blah blah.

Userlevel 1

Also just got the switch to beta (which does not work) email 

Ok Guys, Support offered me a "full factory reset" (no Idea if there's any difference to the one you can do in the user account settings). That fixed the problem.

Nevertheless I still have to set the Display resolution manually to 4k. Launcher always initializes with 1080p. But hey, it works. Hopefully it will not break again.

Userlevel 1

Ok Guys, Support offered me a "full factory reset" (no Idea if there's any difference to the one you can do in the user account settings). That fixed the problem.

Nevertheless I still have to set the Display resolution manually to 4k. Launcher always initializes with 1080p. But hey, it works. Hopefully it will not break again.

that is not a fix in the sense that pre update resolution would match client display ie no need to manually set a resolution ever