Question

Shadow resets display size to 1920x1080

I have a 2560x1440 monitor and until the last update, shadow worked great with my monitor and it had the same resolution as my desktop, but after the update it was stuck at 1920x1080 and 60hz ( my monitor supports 144hz ). I tried everything, nvidia control panel didn’t work because i couldn’t create a custom resolution ( The customize button was greyed out but i already have DSR disabled so the common fix doesn’t work ). Does anyone else have this problem? 

This topic has been closed for comments

47 replies

have raised ticket, sent logs, issue ongoing with no updates

Yeah it's dire mate. I've tried everything they've asked even had another email saying wait 2 more hours for factory reset.....it's now been  7 🤦 and no change.

I’ve asked but no answer- why can’t they just roll back the update? Or come up with a hot fix for now? Shadow used to be more helpful...

Yeah I'm at a loss 🤷 this is getting on for a week now. I think they are missing the point that it does not recognise my monitor AT ALL in Nvidia control panel  even though it's working just fine. They keep thinking it's just a resolution issue between phone app and pc app. Keep telling me to start one app on one device then set monitor to other  blah blah. Tell them nothing works and get same bs telling me to start safe mode blah blah blah.

Honestly it looks like they don't really care about this problem that much😒😒

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

u/JonathanFromShadow replied on a  reddit post on this issue: 

our team is aware of this current issue and is looking into this further. If you have not received a response from our Support Team yet, please go ahead and reach back out so they can help look into this and provide you with updates once the issue is resolved.

(https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowPC/comments/tay1rj/mac_client_only_hd_resolution/)

Yup but still doesn't work 👍 we'll be into the second week on Monday.

Yes and still no reply or fix :(

Userlevel 1

Ticket created already and logs already sent ~2weeks ago

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The response workaround fixes are regurgitated 💩hurry up and fix it.

If I have to send another log I'll have cut down a whole forest.

One day I'll wake up and "woo hoo! It's fixed"👍

Later that day after Shadow shuts down because of the ridiculous timeout (please ditch that, no-one wants it) system kicks in, it's back to 1080 again and will be like it for the rest of the day no matter how many restarts, using different a screen, switch to beta blah blah blah.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Big issues lately. Try plugging into your TV then back into your monitor. There's an overlay issue. There's a BIG issue here and shadow are keeping quiet.

Userlevel 1

Big issues lately. Try plugging into your TV then back into your monitor. There's an overlay issue. There's a BIG issue here and shadow are keeping quiet.

My TV is a 1080p one, tried anyway, no difference- ongoing issue.

Anyone any idea for a hot fix? Seems strange Shadow can’t just roll back the update.

I’m unable to add custom resolution in Nvidia Manager or even via a regedit.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Day five still nothing working and can't even factory set anymore 😫 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

have you raised a ticket?

oh just a few 😆 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

oh just a few 😆did a factory reset and nothing happened.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

oh just a few 😆did a factory reset and nothing happened. Not been able to use for 5 days now, an answer would be nice to what is actually going on with all these issues of late.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yeah it's dire mate. I've tried everything they've asked even had another email saying wait 2 more hours for factory reset.....it's now been  7 🤦 and no change. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’ve asked but no answer- why can’t they just roll back the update? Or come up with a hot fix for now? Shadow used to be more helpful...

Yeah I'm at a loss 🤷 this is getting on for a week now. I think they are missing the point that it does not recognise my monitor AT ALL in Nvidia control panel  even though it's working just fine. They keep thinking it's just a resolution issue between phone app and pc app. Keep telling me to start one app on one device then set monitor to other  blah blah. Tell them nothing works and get same bs telling me to start safe mode blah blah blah.

Userlevel 1

still at 1080p here :(

Userlevel 1

issue of 1080p is still ongoing despite so called update this morning

Same Problem here for a bit more than a week. I’ve also raised a ticket yesterday. Tried multiple clients, didn’t work. 

On one of my clients I could reenable 4k by enabling dual screen and disabling again. That sucks a bit.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Still the same after i thought it was fixed, now back to 1080 again. Also if i don’t touch it for a while the normal pop up displays saying move your mouse, that doesn't even work now and shuts down shadow. WHAT’S THE FEED BACK SHADOW I’M SICK OF B...DY TICKETS!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Done that did naff all 👍

u/JonathanFromShadow replied on a  reddit post on this issue: 

our team is aware of this current issue and is looking into this further. If you have not received a response from our Support Team yet, please go ahead and reach back out so they can help look into this and provide you with updates once the issue is resolved.

(https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowPC/comments/tay1rj/mac_client_only_hd_resolution/)

Userlevel 1

issue ongoing 2 weeks

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

As of 3/14/22 ← USA DATE FORMAT this is an ongoing issue with a lot of users. If you are experiencing this issue, please open a ticket and be sure to include logs in your ticket. -Gelgoog

I just received a reply to my ticket asking for connection speed tests..

Userlevel 1

I just received a reply to my ticket asking for connection speed tests..

No further reply so far

Userlevel 1

Also just got the switch to beta (which does not work) email