Solved

Shadow upgrade Early Access. unable to subscribe and use app( G-403 error) 2 days+😓

• 11 October 2022
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Unable subscribe and pay for the early access power upgrade. I was moved to the new website but it shows I only have the normal sub with a weird dev line next to it. Also I cannot log into the app getting an error g-403. Its been 2 days. is this expected while migration is happening ?

icon

Best answer by squirrelywrath8 20 October 2022, 15:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

27 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing an issue with your account and logging in. You’ll need to contact our Support Team for further assistance as they can look into this issue. Please reach our Support Team by submitting a ticket from your account page. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yep I submitted a ticket. Hoping to hear a response soon. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was told to do the following 

1. Please log out from your account by clicking on your name at the top-left corner.
  2. Close your Shadow launcher
  3. Launch your Shadow launcher and login into your account
  4. Try to Start your Shadow

No luck doing these steps. 

Userlevel 2

Same thing is happening to me. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

yah, Checking discord it seems like a few folks are experiencing this. Day 4 for me without access to shadow 😞  

Also getting the 403 issue since yesterday afternoon. Unable to use shadow on my iPad or Apple TV.
I tried logging out on installing the app restarting the device reinstalling the app.  Same issue persists   

For some reason using it on my iPhone is not a problem at all.

Userlevel 2

@AlexTTT Did this ever get resolved? 

I’m on day 4 without being able to connect anywhere and haven’t heard back from support since my initial ticket 4 days ago.

Userlevel 1
Badge

No luck 7+ days. Still getting the error 403 on desktop. meanwhile the app tells me to ignore the error-403 on the iPhone. sent a ticket but the Devs are still working it out. Guess I'll have to wait till the 26th sadly.  

what a bummer… I have the same thing…

What is this early access? I never opted in for anything like that… been using shadow for 3 months and this only happened 4 days ago...

Userlevel 1
Badge

The upgrade feels like its worth the wait. Buying  3070nvida desktop/laptop on a monthly lease is usually way over the 50$ price. 

I don’t believe I ever opted-in for that… is that something they’re just rolling out to everyone?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m unsure about that part. They did update the website so they might be upgrading the whole system in general. Maybe a dev has more insight on not opting into the power upgrade. I would check out discord as its more active

I’m unsure about that part. They did update the website so they might be upgrading the whole system in general. Maybe a dev has more insight on not opting into the power upgrade. I would check out discord as its more active

Any luck?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nope lol. I noticed they said about 2 weeks to get everything up n running in the power upgrade email. Oct 7th. So maybe by the 21st we’ll see something. As a back end developer/tester myself there’re usually delays with things like this. Lots of testing in the background. Its even harder when the testing is WFH. 

Userlevel 2

@AlexTTT though, as a backend dev as well, anything broke in production for more than a day is considered an outage and a war room would be created to fix the issue. 5+ days of continuous outage is insane.

What surprises me is the lack of communication support has given to the people who are affected by this outage. It honestly gives a sense of "we really don't care much".

Userlevel 1
Badge

I can see it being very inconvenient for folks who use it as their full work/game system. I also worry how they will compensate everyone who has been affected. Saw a couple of threads were folks cards were being double charged :(  It’s hard to tell if its affecting only a few or thousands of people, and yes the lack of communication on social media is a frustrating. A simple tweet saying “yo we see the problem & we’re fixing it” would be nice.

Userlevel 2

Honestly, I feel like at this point the only option is to make noise on all platforms to maybe gain some traction.

Anyone have any luck? Lol

Honestly, I feel like at this point the only option is to make noise on all platforms to maybe gain some traction.

The man/women gets it. 

The man/women gets it. 

Thing is I would be perfectly satisfied with a “We are on it, give us x amount of time and we will provide an update”

The man/women gets it. 

Thing is I would be perfectly satisfied with a “We are on it, give us x amount of time and we will provide an update”

I like to rabble rouse as much as the next guy, but agreed at least some real acknowledgment that there is a problem. 

Userlevel 2

Actually got a response from a mod on discord that really seems like our issue is low on the priority stack... 

"Majority of the people migration has been seamless. Sure some have had issues, but that percentage is lower."

Translation: the devs have better things to work on than the paid users who can't access due to the migration.

Heck, even throwing a simple post in the known-issus on Discord would suffice as recognition that there is an issue and they're working on it.

Actually got a response from a mod on discord that really seems like our issue is low on the priority stack... 

"Majority of the people migration has been seamless. Sure some have had issues, but that percentage is lower."

Translation: the devs have better things to work on than the paid users who can't access due to the migration.

Heck, even throwing a simple post in the known-issus on Discord would suffice as recognition that there is an issue and they're working on it.

Well that’s not reassuring. Since this forum seems to be an echo chamber, going to see if twitter is better

Badge

This  is unacceptable at my opinion.

Userlevel 2

For desktop users, the Beta launcher works for me (no thanks to support for help on this one...)

You can find it here: https://update.shadow.tech/launcher/preprod/win/x64/ShadowBetaSetup.exe