Question

Shadow won't start

• 20 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I just got activated toady. I chose no pre installed apps version. my stream froze earlier and I shut it down. now it’s stuck on starting streaming and won’t load the stream. how do I fix this? I tried shutting down in the help icon and waiting 10 minutes. that didn’t work.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Is it still an issue?

Userlevel 2

Same is happening to me right now, exactly with the freezing and trying to restart. Next day it is still not working. Let’s see what support can do

I sometimes have something similar but that's when I manually update the NVIDIA drivers from scratch.
To get back in the machine, try the following:

• Shut down via the Troubleshoot menu
  • Close the Shadow application for around 5 min
  • Open it and go to settings
    • turn on ‘Keep my Shadow's graphics drivers updated’
  • Start you Shadow and give it some time. If something is wrong with the drivers, this trick should install some base ones allowing you to get back into Shadow. You should see some updates being installed or uninstalled.

Hope it helps, this trick happens with me when the machine is stuck in that Streaming starting thingy.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I sometimes have something similar but that's when I manually update the NVIDIA drivers from scratch.

For people who want newer drivers than what is achieved by the “Keep my Shadow’s graphics drivers updated,” using RTX Experience (formerly Quadro Experience) is recommended. I haven’t heard of problems with that method.