Question

Some games do not work, do not start. Windows Server 2019

• 28 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I am delighted to use shadow, it is a very stable and reliable system and platform.
I have upgraded to a higher version with 32GB ram and nvidia RTX 6000. 
The system still seems to be in early access.
I don't understand why I have been given the platform on windows server 2019 and not windows 10 like normal shadow. 
I think that having the windows server 2019 operating system is imcompatible with many games I'm not sure, at the moment I use the system for work and play but some games of last generation work perfectly and others however not as forza horizon 5 that does not boot.
It also does not allow me to install Gforce Experience because it gives error.
Any suggestions are welcome. I was thinking of talking to shadow support to see if there is a possibility of getting the system with windows 10. 
I think windows server 2019 is not good for games, can it be?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

It’s curious why they’d give you Server 2019, but in terms of the RTX 6000 - that is not a GeForce GPU, so GeForce Experience isn’t applicable. The equivalent for that GPU is RTX Experience. Have you tried to install the latter?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello @Nicot, thank you for being a part of #TeamShadow. 

From what you have described, it sounds like you are using Shadow Business Solutions. If that is the case, I highly recommend reaching out to your Account Manager so they are able to help clarify the specifics of your Shadow.