Solved

Sound/Microphone Inconsistency Issues

• 30 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Application type (Windows/Mac/Mobile/etc.) - Windows 10

• Shadow Client Version (Official/Beta/Alpha) - (I think this is correct? Launcher v4.14.16
     Client v3.2.16)

• Local device CPU - Intel Core i5 - 1035G1 CPU @1.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.2GHz

• Local device GPU - Intel UHD Graphics Family 4GB

• Datacenter location (check status.shadow.tech) - Chicago 

• Connection speed (Datacenter speed tests EU: Paris | AMS or US: CA | TX |CH | NY) - Chicago 124mbps download, 6mbps upload, ping 25ms, jitter 2ms, ethernet connection

• Description of issue - My audio in stream cuts out after about 1 minute of using shadow when I am on both prefer speed and prefer reliability settings. Also the sound on my laptop continues on like normal, it’s just the stream that loses audio. 

• Shadow also recognizes but doesn’t transmit sound from my headset microphone. I tested the headset on other devices and it works fine. Same goes for this, the microphone works fine on my laptop itself, but shadow recognizes the headset and doesn’t pick up microphone input at all. 

Other:

• Date when problem appeared. About a month ago. 

• Did you take any action(s) which could have created this problem? If so, what? Not that I’m aware of. 

• Do you recall any action(s) you took after it happened? I contacted shadow support and tried the advice provided (switching from prefer speed to prefer reliability), which then caused the problem that when on prefer reliability mode, I had sound for about a minute and then all sound and video stuttered to a point of not being able to use it. I also followed the link provided in my shadow support ticket and reinstalled a driver as instructed by the support person I was speaking to. 

• Do you use a VPN and/or antivirus? I don’t use a VPN, and I only use Windows Defender at it’s default settings on my laptop. 

• Please provide a screenshot of your shadow stats (Alt+Win+O). Also make sure it captures a timeframe when the issue has happened.

icon

Best answer by Snok 7 June 2020, 05:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello, sorry for the late response. Thank you for reaching out to the community for help, as well as following the template. First, let’s start with the hardware. Your headset. Check your wires, cables, etc. The simple things we overlook sometimes. 

How is it connected? Is it wired or bluetooth? If it’s wired, where is it connected to? Your wireless controller or your host machine? Next, let’s talk about your host machine. How is that connected? Is it using ethernet or WiFi? Are you using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? 

Badge

Hello, sorry for the late response. Thank you for reaching out to the community for help, as well as following the template. First, let’s start with the hardware. Your headset. Check your wires, cables, etc. The simple things we overlook sometimes. 

How is it connected? Is it wired or bluetooth? If it’s wired, where is it connected to? Your wireless controller or your host machine? Next, let’s talk about your host machine. How is that connected? Is it using ethernet or WiFi? Are you using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? 

The headset is plugged in to the headphone jack of my laptop. I haven’t tried it with my controller because my controller connects wirelessly. 

The host machine (laptop) is connected with an Ethernet cable, and my roommate said that our WiFi router is both 2.4hz and 5ghz (I don’t know what that means lol). 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Means Dual-Band. Let’s get some help from the troubleshooter. The audio troubleshooter might be able to fix audio problems automatically. To run troubleshooter:

1. On the bottom-right of your desktop. In the Taskbar, Right-click the audio icon. Then select Troubleshoot sound problems.
  2. Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter.