Solved

Steam Games wont download, but other stores download just fine.

• 1 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

So when I go to install anything through Steam, the download speeds will start where they should be expected, but then it will just stop. The download goes, but the network bar in the graph isn’t there, implying that steam is not downloading the game. And I have tried downloading something on my local machine through Steam, and it works just fine. Appologies if it was hard to read. My english is not the best.

icon

Best answer by Gelgoog 2 August 2021, 21:15

Hi @soldeadfire 

At this present moment 8/2/2021 (I wont update this when it ends)

Shadow is preforming migrations in certain data centers. As part of this migration peoples shadows may be impacted as their data is moved from one SAN to another SAN. If your data has been migrated, you may still be impacted as your vm will be competing with others for read/write operations on the impacted SAN’s. -Gelgoog

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @soldeadfire 

At this present moment 8/2/2021 (I wont update this when it ends)

Shadow is preforming migrations in certain data centers. As part of this migration peoples shadows may be impacted as their data is moved from one SAN to another SAN. If your data has been migrated, you may still be impacted as your vm will be competing with others for read/write operations on the impacted SAN’s. -Gelgoog

@Gelgoog To piggy back on this, as per support my migration is “complete” and I’m seeing:

> Disk  Sequential 64.0 Write                  0.75 MB/s          2.1
> Average Read Time with Sequential Writes     74.922 ms          1.9
> Latency: 95th Percentile                     157.692 ms          1.9
> Latency: Maximum                             800.467 ms          1.9
> Average Read Time with Random Writes         72.874 ms          1.9

As speeds for write access to additional storage.  This is a problem that’s posted in other threads here as having been ongoing for weeks.

If it is migration related, can we get a list of data centers currently in said migration and a timeframe for acceptable write speeds returning?

Thanks!

This is an ongoing issue since weeks now. The additional discs are unusable in the current state and still no statement from shadow how they think AND WHEN they fix it. It’s not my problem as a customer that “my” vm is “competing” against other vms. The only fact in there is that your datacenter is just not in the state to handle the existing users…..
I got an email from support: “If you're adamant about cancelling, you can do so through your Account Page at any time: https://account.shadow.tech/ “

So WOW what a support!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@TheKnot 

Rough Estimate is that transfers for SV2 is slated to complete by end of month. I don’t have any more info on other Data Centers at this time.  -Gelgoog

P.S: Yes Migration issues are a pain…. I’m in SV2 and feel the slow speeds as well.

Badge

@Gelgoog - my downloads on the additional storage remain hopeless. it’s ok on the c: but the d: is basically zero. any idea when this will be sorted?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Gelgoog - my downloads on the additional storage remain hopeless. it’s ok on the c: but the 😛 is basically zero. any idea when this will be sorted?

Contact support and let them know your storage on c and d are still substandard.