Question

Storage...

• 18 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I literally got my shadow 4 hours ago & i maxed out the storage. When i open Settings -- > System -->Storage, no applications come up. Says 181GB in applications & once i sort with Size, nothing comes up. Any ideas??

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

That list doesn’t display sizes for installed Steam games, and potentially games from other launchers too. What games do you have installed, and which launchers/stores? Have you installed any MS Store games, and then subsequently removed them? As some cleanup might be needed on those as well.

Same for me. I literally just got my storage and it says I am using 177GB even though there is nothing on it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Pgc77 Try installing/running WinDirStat, that is by far the best tool to see how storage is consumed.

https://windirstat.net/download.html

Thanks! I will check it out! I bought the extra storage so I could run Medal of Honor VR , but that is not happening at this point.🤷🏻‍♂️

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks! I will check it out! I bought the extra storage so I could run Medal of Honor VR , but that is not happening at this point.🤷🏻‍♂️

Roger that...also know that if this is the first time you’ve purchased extra storage, it will be implemented via a different drive letter (D), so adjustments will need to be made as far as where games are installed. If you then purchase even more storage slices, those are used to increase the size of D.

The total size of the C drive will always be the same...there isn’t a way to expand that one, unfortunately.