Solved

Stuck on "Starting Shadow"

• 16 July 2020
  • 6 replies

I have been trying to connect to Shadow for the past 30-45minutes and I am stuck on Step 2. Starting Shadow. After roughly 1-2mins, it stops trying to start and states in grey/black “Shadow is off”.

My internet is working great currently. No issues with downloads or streaming.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Pettman 16 July 2020, 23:57

This is a common issue, and restarting the launcher or using the “Shut Down Shadow” option in the (?) menu resolves the issue.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Except that it doesn't always solve the issue, does it? I've tried the “shut down shadow” option 4 times in a row now over the last hour and i still experience the exact same problem.

Badge

I am having the same issue now. I know it's not a problem with the launcher as I’ve tried on my mobile and iPad and they’re all having the same issue. At a guess, I would say they’ve not got enough blade instances to go around and although it says “Starting Shadow...”, there is nothing to connect to.

Ah well, I guess no gaming for me tonight either… I’m not too mad though as it’s not like a  frequent occurance, but when it does it is annoying.

Same problem for me today. I tried to start the Shadow several times over the course of about 20-30 minutes, alternating with ‘shut down Shadow’ in the Help menu. Finally I closed the launcher and waited a while, then reopened. Now, when I try to log in, I get ‘Your Shadow is unavailable at the moment’. Can’t log in through the mobile app on either wifi or 5G, so that also rules out my network. The mobile app never does anything, just sits there after I try to log in.

I’m thinking tronied might be right and they’ve over-provisioned their hosts.

Badge

This is a common issue, and restarting the launcher or using the “Shut Down Shadow” option in the (?) menu resolves the issue.

Yeah, it’s pretty common. Happened to me today and no once can seem to fix it.

Hi,

Deconnecting and reconnecting from my account actualy solved this problem for me. It work 1st time I tried. 

Maybe i just got lucky ?