Solved

switching to official version stuck in a loop

Userlevel 2

wont switch to official i haven't even used it yet for Christ sake no wonder you don't allow refunds ...people having these problems two years ago and you don't see that on your advertisements ..absolutely shambolic service 

icon

Best answer by Jonathan from Shadow 10 June 2022, 02:01

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue, tried to uninstall and even installed the beta….. no hope here man. Absolutely horrible customer service and replied with, check back in an hour….

Userlevel 2

paid 30 quid for stress mate ..robbing scumbags 

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem. Tried to get in maybe an hour ago and still can’t.

same problem . . . i literally just got my shadow, and now hearing about the no refund policy makes me feel ill

same problem for me, just keeps trying to switch to OFFICIAL version.  been stuck in this loop for over half an hour

Same here, infinite loop of switching to official version. Someone already know what happens? Turned off my Firewall/Antivirus but still don’t work. 

Userlevel 2

its now something over 24 hours still cant use what i paid for ...i know tech things have bugs but usually they have notice of that they say nothing about that on the website just brag about how great their service is...i will not be recommending shadow to anybody and will slag it off every chance i get ...save your money and wait until they can actually deliver the service they advertise   

Userlevel 2

also have asked for a refund ...they said im on hold or whatever that was at 22:50 last night ..cant even be prompt in contact with customers..i doubt i will get a refund as its a subscription ...ive never paid money and had such a bad experience in my life. Disgusting company  

Same here. Ordered the shadow yesterday and tried to login. Stuck in the “switch to official” version. Is this a generic problem or just temporary? Hopefully we get a solution soon. 

June 1, 2022 10:48AM CEST
June 1, 2022 8:48AM UTC

[Identified] Team found a potential culprit for this incident. A fix is under development. Update to follow later today

Shadow - Service status

Userlevel 2

they’ve had that up all day lol 

Userlevel 1

Still not working again today and got a cryptic message from support. If this isn’t fixed soon, there is always an appeal to the credit card company for a service not rendered. (I am hoping they fix this and I won’t need to contact my credit card company.)

I was able to get it working after resetting my shadow (takes 40min and deletes everything so you start from scratch).  Of course it’s now stuck in the same loop again after not using it for ~12hrs.

Userlevel 1

oh my whlr ...that is seriously not good

[Identified] Team found a potential culprit for this incident. A fix is under development. Update to follow later today

Shadow - Service status

Guess their fix didn’t work because here we are more than 8 hours later with this issue still preventing use of the Shadow.

Here we are a day later, which is weird because y’all said you weren’t able to play yesterday and i was. But now today it’s been impossible. I subscribed YESTERDAY and this all feels very weird and scammy. I read some posts about this happening other times too, and some didn’t have access to shadow for many days straight. I just hope the devs are actually taking this as serious as they should because I switched from Geforce Now so that I could have more content. And I pay more and now I can’t even access it. Crazy to me!

Shadow - Service status

the keyword here is obviously “potential.” Doesn’t seem like the devs know what they’re doing.

Have the same problem in Germany data center

Userlevel 1

Swear boys, I think its time I join the development team. With over 6 years of C++ and reverse engineering I think I can make a useful addition to the team and fix the problem.. It’s sad how they couldn’t fix this in under 5 hours. I grantee this is an extremely easy issue as VM’s are not hard to code at all. Plus the dev’s aren't even talking which is childish, as people spend good money for service they promised; and look at that… its completely down with a quote saying

“

Where's the update???

Just saying if yall want a real dev I'm right here

Pretty annoying bug. Hope there will be some more information soon. Otherwise delete … 

We are aware that some users are currently going through an infinite update problem that is preventing them from accessing their Shadow.

We continue to investigate the issue and are working to find a solution as soon as possible. Please note that, in the meantime, you can fix the problem on your side if you accept to reset your Shadow. In order to proceed, please follow this guide.
https://help.shadow.tech/hc/en-gb/articles/360015492213-How-to-factory-reset-your-Shadow

Additionally, you can follow the progress made on the issue here:
https://status.shadow.tech/ 

Thank you for your patience, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Userlevel 1

Charlie,

Won’t resetting blow it all away? (Meaning we’ll lose anything we installed?)

@redhomba Yes, but do mind that we are still working on resolving the issue. You do not need to reset. It is just a way of resolving the issue sooner on your end.

We will continue to investigate and work on a fix and hope that we can get this issue resolved ASAP

That’s it.. I’m just blocking their next transaction on my bank so if they try to charge me boom they’re just blocked and won’t take my money 😂

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am doing some research to see who Shadow would be res

@redhomba Yes, but do mind that we are still working on resolving the issue. You do not need to reset. It is just a way of resolving the issue sooner on your end.

We will continue to investigate and work on a fix and hope that we can get this issue resolved ASAP

Do mind, Charlie, you have been trying to fix my issue for over 2 months and still no ETA on a fix. Atm, Shadow, is stealing money for a service they are not providing.