Question

Unstable connection - but not on all devices

• 3 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi forum!

I have an issue that I have a hard time figuring out. Anyone has a suggestion?

At home I am using a wireless 5GHz 200mps connection and I have Shadow installed at three devices: 2013 MacBook Pro 15” (personal), iPad Pro 2018 (work) and a 2019 MacBook Pro 13” (work). I (want to) use Shadow for gaming but also to run some modelling and rendering software for work. However for some reason Shadow runs super smooth on the iPad but especially the 2019 MacBook is extremely unstable. On startup it already gives me notifications that the connection is unstable and I see the packet loss going all over the place with spikes close to 200%. Graphics on the other hand are great, no problem there. 

Since it works fine on my iPad on the same network I have the idea that it has something to do with the settings of my MacBook, any idea what can cause this?

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @jpgoose 

Check to see if location services are enabled on your mac and turn it off then try the shadow app and see if it fixes it. -Gelgoog

Hi @Gelgoog 

Thanks for your reply! I checked and it was indeed turned on, so I switched it off and although it seems to help a little bit (no instant message about unstable connection on start up) there is still a lot of stuttering and packet loss which makes it still unusable. 

Any further suggestions? 

Thanks!