Solved

USB 3 forwarding for Oculus Quest to acces Oculus Games on my quest, is not working, any idea?

• 27 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I cannot forward my Oculus Quest via a USB 3.0 port and cable to use Oculus Link and play Rift games. Any ideas?

Does the beta version of Shadow for the Quest has been released yet?

I tried all the cables, all the ports, updates and reset that I could.

Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by KZANNeon 27 May 2020, 21:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

You would need a massive amount of bandwidth to support USB3.0 transferring over Shadow. I know that Shadow has a VR Exploration program, but that's in it's early days and the sign-ups ended a while ago. What I and many other people use is Virtual Desktop to connect to our Shadow, and with the SideQuest version, you can play SteamVR and Oculus games.

Badge

I am using the virtual desktop has well & its working great for steam. Are you sure you can use it to play oculus games? If yes, I tried everything. What procedure did you follow?

Thank you for your time.

I am not a Shadow employee, I just like helping the community. Any views and opinions are my own and do not reflect Shadow or my employer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Shadow and Virtual Desktop are in no way supporting each other in a technical stand point, you don’t need to be a Shadow employee to know, it gets confusing.

With Virtual Desktop you need to be sure that Oculus and Steam are both installed on your Shadow, after that, open the Oculus app, be sure you’re logged into the account in which you want to access your games, download the game you want to play, open the Virtual Desktop Streamer on the Shadow, put on the Quest, open Virtual Desktop on the Quest, go to the Games tab on the Quest, tap on the game you want to play and it should load. If it doesn’t, I can’t help. Sometimes there are randomly going to be problems, take into note that VD is not officially supported by Shadow in any means.

Badge

The solution of KZANNeon worked for me.

Wow very impressive that I am able to this wireless on a shadow pc! Thanks you very much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

The solution of KZANNeon worked for me.

Wow very impressive that I am able to this wireless on a shadow pc! Thanks you very much!

If the solution worked please mark it as the answer) Thank you!