Solved

USB Forwarding Issues

• 12 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I Have an Issue with USB Forwarding with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (All though all Other USB Devices will not forward) This Happened After I Got “Maintenance” On my shadow, it Worked before, but not now. The Maintenance was for Microsoft Flight Simulator Crashing. It Is not Speed or ping as I have tested that, and it worked before. Can Someone Please help me? I Have Also Ordered Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo Flight Controls and I Would like to be able to use them before they arrive.

Sorry If this bothered anyone :)

icon

Best answer by geraldbrent1 12 June 2022, 07:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Shadow’s built in USB forwarding can be a bit iffy. A reset can help get the licensing straight for it again, but a lot of people have reported that Eltima will never allow them to forward their devices. A workaround until Shadow can deploy a fix is using Zerotier to establish a split tunnel between you and your Shadow, and VirtualHere to forward devices. You can test this with a single device for free, but VirtualHere requires a license for more than a single device. I use ZT/VH with my T.16000m, and TFRP pedals with no issues on DCS but YMMV. Try it out, see if it works for you.

I have experienced exactly the same issues and frankly given up with Shadow support. My Logitech Extreme used to work perfectly forwarded to Shadow until I changed my ISP to a fiber connection - now everything just intermittently disconnects.

I’m afraid I didn’t really understand Geraldbrent1’s reply (even though I’m sure it’s brilliant) so if anyone could help with a less technical solution to this problem I would be very grateful.

Gerald talks about a fix, and that Shadow’s USP forwarding is a bit “iffy” - seems strange that a company who’s product is designed for games can’t support peripherals like joysticks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have experienced exactly the same issues and frankly given up with Shadow support. My Logitech Extreme used to work perfectly forwarded to Shadow until I changed my ISP to a fiber connection - now everything just intermittently disconnects.

I’m afraid I didn’t really understand Geraldbrent1’s reply (even though I’m sure it’s brilliant) so if anyone could help with a less technical solution to this problem I would be very grateful.

Gerald talks about a fix, and that Shadow’s USP forwarding is a bit “iffy” - seems strange that a company who’s product is designed for games can’t support peripherals like joysticks.

Shadow’s stance on peripherals is as follows:

Peripherals

The Shadow® remote computer may be linked to most standard peripherals (printers, joysticks, etc.) subject to compliance with the terms of use of the operating system installed on the machine.

However, the User is asked to check with Shadow US that his or her peripherals are compatible with the Service and/or Terminal and Third-Party Terminals that he or she wishes to use. Shadow US plans to make further IT developments which are necessary to ensure the Service is compatible with as many peripherals as possible, but cannot guarantee that it is compatible with all existing peripherals, and does not guarantee compatibility with any specific peripheral. The User agrees and acknowledges that incompatibility with peripherals does not allow the User to request a cancellation or a refund. In particular, the performance of some peripherals may be affected if the User's Internet connection, for example, his or her bandwidth, is not enough to ensure use under the best possible conditions.

In this regard, Users are encouraged to report any anomalies observed to Shadow US, affecting the running of their peripherals, by sending a message to the Shadow US Support Department, via the User Account.

tl;dr they don’t guarantee that every peripheral will work. If you want help setting up Zerotier/VirtualHere, hit me up on the Shadow Discord and I can give you some tips and tricks to get it working.