Question

USB over IP Headset

• 8 August 2020
  • 3 replies

On newest version of MacOS, newest version of shadow client for mac.

After forwarding astro a40 mixamp using USB over IP, the playback is unusable for listening. If you can hear anything at all it just sputters. It seems audio recording is fine because when recording and played back later not using the USB over IP it’s listenable. I am wired and here are my speeds https://www.speedtest.net/result/9882712433. Please help me get my headset working

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

If you want to use the mic on your headset, just use the mic option in the quick menu. Forwarding headsets to Shadow unless using the ghost is just not recommended in general. 

If you want to use the mic on your headset, just use the mic option in the quick menu. Forwarding headsets to Shadow unless using the ghost is just not recommended in general. 

That does not work either. When I select the microphone on my local machine and in shadow it does not detect audio.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

That does not work either. When I select the microphone on my local machine and in shadow it does not detect audio.

Does the sample rate on your local match the one on Shadow?