Question

USB Thrustmaster T16000m repeatedly disconnecting

Hi,

I am running shadow on my windows pc with a Thrustmaster T16000m and a TWCS throttle connected.

Both devices work fine on my machine. When I try to connect them to shadow the TWCS works fine. But when I click on the T16000m to connect it to the shadow it connects it, but then disconnects it right away. Then it loops back around. You can always here the Windows sounds when it is connected/disconnected and see it popping up in the system settings on the shadow, just to be removed right away.

I installed the Thurstmaster driver again without success. Restarted shadow, etc.

Any suggestions what could solve the problem?

Thank you!

• Application type

• Windows

• Shadow Client Version

• Official

• Local device CPU

• i5-4690

• Local device GPU

• GTX970

• Datacenter location (check status.shadow.tech)

• Amsterdam

• Connection speed 

• 90MBit/s

• Description of issue

• see above

Other:

• Date when problem appeared.

• Did you take any action(s) which could have created this problem? If so, what?

• no

• Do you recall any action(s) you took after it happened?

• no

• Do you use a VPN and/or antivirus?

• no

• Please provide a screenshot of your shadow stats (Alt+Win+O). Also make sure it captures a timeframe when the issue has happened.

•  

20 replies

Badge

Having same issue.

Worked two days ago but error on throttle.

Now t16000m does the connect disconnect loop in shadow and throttle appears for use.

Same here, contacted support, looks like there is no fix right now

Don’t know why this works but it does.   Have VirtualHere server on the local PC and the client on the Shadow machine.  I’ll first get VirtualHere running on the local machine and then connect to Shadow.  Then I’ll connect to the Shadow machine via the Parsec program.  In that window, I’ll activate the VirtualHere client and connect the T16000M.  After it connects,  sometimes have to try 2x,  I’ll close the Parsec window,  go back to the Shadow window and start the Flight Simulator 2020 program.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Having same issue.

Worked two days ago but error on throttle.

Now t16000m does the connect disconnect loop in shadow and throttle appears for use.

Same here, contacted support, looks like there is no fix right now

@juli852 Did you guys try other clients? Beta/alpha? You can also try virtual here as the user above suggested) 

I have the same issue! The T.16000m Joystick is connecting and disconnecting every 2 seconds to Shadow Windows devices. I reported about that to Shadow support, waiting for response.

VirtualHere? I didn’t realized how to use VirtualHere on Mac. VirtualHere app is going to transfer Joystick signals from Mac to Shadow Windows machine, I cannot connect joystick to Mac first. Any idea?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I have the same issue! The T.16000m Joystick is connecting and disconnecting every 2 seconds to Shadow Windows devices. I reported about that to Shadow support, waiting for response.

VirtualHere? I didn’t realized how to use VirtualHere on Mac. VirtualHere app is going to transfer Joystick signals from Mac to Shadow Windows machine, I cannot connect joystick to Mac first. Any idea?

uhm.. If your device can’t connect to your Mac that’s running Shadow there is no way it’s going to work on Shadow. To get help with that please serach it up) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It also might be the case of your ping possibly being too high.. As 31ms is cutting it quite close to the 35 ms of USB over IP refusing to work. But no idea if that’s the only or the actual cause. 

uhm.. If your device can’t connect to your Mac that’s running Shadow there is no way it’s going to work on Shadow. To get help with that please serach it up) 

Actually, joystick connects to Mac successfully and works well, despite the fact that Mac is unsupported system officially by Thrustmaster. I think we could ignore Mac case because it is unsupported, but joystick does not work properly on Windows too. 

On Windows, it works only if I enable "Use my USB devices on my Shadow" and do NOT enable in peripherals settings in Shadow Quick Menu. Joystick is available on Shadow Windows machine devices even without selecting it in peripherals. When I enable "Thrustmaster - T.16000M" in peripherals then Joystic connection starts jumping (connects and disconnects every 2 seconds). I disable it in peripherals - works properly, I enable - jumping.

By the way, similar joystick “Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle” works perfect on both Mac and Windows systems. I think this is specific issue of “Thrustmaster - T.16000M” joystick and Shadow USB peripherals processing.

It also might be the case of your ping possibly being too high.. As 31ms is cutting it quite close to the 35 ms of USB over IP refusing to work. But no idea if that’s the only or the actual cause. 

I would like to test it but I returned the joystick to seller, so we will never know :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Actually, joystick connects to Mac successfully and works well, despite the fact that Mac is unsupported system officially by Thrustmaster. I think we could ignore Mac case because it is unsupported, but joystick does not work properly on Windows too. 

On Windows, it works only if I enable "Use my USB devices on my Shadow" and do NOT enable in peripherals settings in Shadow Quick Menu. Joystick is available on Shadow Windows machine devices even without selecting it in peripherals. When I enable "Thrustmaster - T.16000M" in peripherals then Joystic connection starts jumping (connects and disconnects every 2 seconds). I disable it in peripherals - works properly, I enable - jumping.

By the way, similar joystick “Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle” works perfect on both Mac and Windows systems. I think this is specific issue of “Thrustmaster - T.16000M” joystick and Shadow USB peripherals processing.

I would like to test it but I returned the joystick to seller, so we will never know :) 

ah I see, unfortunate. 

Hello everyone,
Stumbled on this topic. I’m having the same issue. Has the subject progressed ?

Issue persists for me

I use VirtualHere now to bypass this issue.
You’ll have to understand how this works, but it’s pretty efficient.

Badge

I am currently having this very issue with my T16000m this is very very frustrating and should be getting investigated more with the team

Userlevel 2

The solution for me was to deinstall both, the TARGET and the thrustmaster driver on Shadow. (Windows Settings → Apps)

dont reinstall.. just use windows stock drivers.

The uninstallation of all TM software including the drivers worked for me as well, but without the TARGET software it seems customizations could bean issue on this HOTAS.

This topic should really be looked at by the TM and Shadow teams! I hope this happens soon. :fingers_crossed_tone2:

Hello, 

I have the same issue with my shadow and the Thrustmaster T16000m on my Windows. It’s connecting and disconnecting every second. Is there a solution for this? 

Thanks

Have the TM T16000M stick and have always had to use VirtualHere while connected to ZeroTier or TailScale in order to use it in Shadow.    But after uninstalling the driver software on the Shadow PC,  I’m able to select the USB peripheral option in the Shadow menu and now there is no loop of connecting, disconnecting.  

Hi everyone,
I have exactly the same issue than you since few months.
Could you please tell me how to fix it ?
Thanks for your help

Puh, same Problem here.

Tried it with VirtualHere but only get Error Messages with the Thrustmaster Joystick.

Any hints?

Hi,

Reboot your shadow. It worked for me.

Thomas