Question

Virtual Desktop low latency when on desktop, but 500-2000 once game is launched (VR Quest 2)

• 19 November 2020
  • 3 replies

So my Shadow was activated. I updated drivers, downloaded steam, oculus, and virtual desktop. I get connected (5 Ghz Wifi6 Comcast 1 Gig Down 40 Mbps Up) and while in 2D I have no issues with my 50 to 70 ms. As soon as I launch a title it’s unplayable. I’ve watched a ton of content and read a lot on it. Tinkered with all my of settings (to the best of my knowledge). At one point it looked like I had it nailed (Vader Immortal was running great). As soon as I tried anything else it was back to horrible. I’ve since been unable to replicate those ideal condtions.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

I got the exact same problem! Also Quest2 and virtual desktop.

2D is perfect, 40 ms. VR latency 500-2000ms.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

This seems like a question that would be better addressed to the Virtual Desktop forums instead of here.

If you run a speed test on your shadow and it has great connection and ping, then Shadow has done all it can for you. After that point, this problem is between VD and the copy of Windows on your shadow.

This seems like a question that would be better addressed to the Virtual Desktop forums instead of here.

If you run a speed test on your shadow and it has great connection and ping, then Shadow has done all it can for you. After that point, this problem is between VD and the copy of Windows on your shadow.

It also occurs with VR Alpha in the exact same manner.