Solved

Win10/x86_64 Shadow Launcher/Client hangs after inactivity timer

• 30 October 2020
  • 5 replies

When the inactivity timer kills my session (which happens a lot), the client view doesn’t automatically close. It stays hung at the last graphics displayed from the game with the “Are you still there?” box.   I Alt+Shift+F and close the Window. I am able to try some stuff in the overlay but I’ve not found that it will get me back into the VM.

This leaves me in a state where no Shadow windows are visible, clicking Start → Shadow does not launch anything for my VM.

Get-Process Shadow* returns 4 processes. I run Get-Process Shadow*|Stop-Process.

At this point I can run the Shadow launcher again and get back into my VM.

Any ideas on things to try or what data to collect prior to taking it to support? I am starting a page in OneNote going forward to document/screencap what I try.

• Application type (Windows/Mac/Mobile/etc.)

• Windows 10 Pro 2004, amd64

• Shadow Client Version (Official/Beta/Alpha)

• Official ,  Launcher v4.17.16 / Client v3.4.61

• Local device CPU

• i5-3470

• Local device GPU

• i5-3470

• Datacenter location (check status.shadow.tech)

• TX

• Connection speed (Datacenter speed tests EU: Paris | AMS or US: CA | TX |CH | NY)

• TX:    250mbps download, 377mbps up, 15ms ping, 4ms jitter
    • Provider: AT&T Fiber 1000

Other:

• Do you use a VPN and/or antivirus?

• BitDefender AV

icon

Best answer by sbinjodie 21 November 2020, 00:25

The beta worked much better, and then as soon as the last update rolled out, the official client worked just as well, too.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Are you using this AntiVirus on Shadow? 
Have you tried reinstalling the application? 
Have you tried a different launcher and seeing if the problem persists? 

Are you using this AntiVirus on Shadow? 

No
Have you tried reinstalling the application? 

Yes
Have you tried a different launcher and seeing if the problem persists? 

I can. What other official launcher is supported on Windows 10 x64?

Also: I did try to interact with the client Quick Menu at the “Are you still there? 10” screen (funny that it hangs at 10 and not before),  and I’m unable to restart the stream or power down the Shadow.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Also: I did try to interact with the client Quick Menu at the “Are you still there? 10” screen (funny that it hangs at 10 and not before),  and I’m unable to restart the stream or power down the Shadow.

Could you test the beta win 10 launcher and tell us if the session exit is the same behavior ?
The beta launcher is available on your customer page, applications tab.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@sbinjodie Any update? Was it fixed? :o

The beta worked much better, and then as soon as the last update rolled out, the official client worked just as well, too.